PS3 Pricing Unveiled

AJ

The Nintendo Wii system wont break $200 it looks like. Buy it.

$200 is a great price if the system will actually have games. Although with the recent Nintendo pattern, you can expect the worst of the three multi-platform games, and hardly any awesome third-party exclusives. Sure, I love playing Mario, Zelda, and Metroid as much as the next guy, but three games aren't worth $200. Just like I'll be waiting until the price comes down to get a 360 or a PS3, I'll be waiting until Nintendo proves they actually have some games behind their bargain-priced console.

Well, you do have a virtually endless library of NES, SNES, N64, and games from other other systems. Plus, there are some pretty sweet looking games if you ask me.

SSB: Brawl

Metroid Prime 3

Twilight Princess

Red Steel

Elebits

Dragon Quest IX

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

A new Fire Emblem

Metal Slug Anthology

New Metal Slug games apparently

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

But then I guess that comes down to whether or not you like those styles of games or not.

A system's selling point shouldn't be the ability to buy games I played fifteen years ago. It's a great feature, don't get me wrong, but that can only take a console so far. Twilight Princess is a Gamecube game. I feel like Red Steel is going to be an overhyped light gun adventure. No one cares about Crystal Chronicles. The rest are mostly sequels, and while SSB and Metroid will be great, games like Dragon Quest don't appeal to American audiences. They're banking a console on a Smash Bros. game again and unless they trot out Mario by the end of E3, I worry for Nintendo.

Edited by Zero

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nintendo Wii system wont break $200 it looks like. Buy it.

$200 is a great price if the system will actually have games. Although with the recent Nintendo pattern, you can expect the worst of the three multi-platform games, and hardly any awesome third-party exclusives. Sure, I love playing Mario, Zelda, and Metroid as much as the next guy, but three games aren't worth $200. Just like I'll be waiting until the price comes down to get a 360 or a PS3, I'll be waiting until Nintendo proves they actually have some games behind their bargain-priced console.

Well, you do have a virtually endless library of NES, SNES, N64, and games from other other systems. Plus, there are some pretty sweet looking games if you ask me.

SSB: Brawl

Metroid Prime 3

Twilight Princess

Red Steel

Elebits

Dragon Quest IX

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

A new Fire Emblem

Metal Slug Anthology

New Metal Slug games apparently

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

But then I guess that comes down to whether or not you like those styles of games or not.

A system's selling point shouldn't be the ability to buy games I played fifteen years ago. It's a great feature, don't get me wrong, but that can only take a console so far. Twilight Princess is a Gamecube game. I feel like Red Steel is going to be an overhyped light gun adventure. No one cares about Crystal Chronicles. The rest are mostly sequels, and while SSB and Metroid will be great, games like Dragon Quest don't appeal to American audiences. They're banking a launch on a Smash Bros. game again and unless they trot out Mario by the end of E3, I worry for Nintendo.

Twilight Princess is a Wii game. It's coming out on GCN too, but the Wii version has more. This, I suppose, is the reason it's taken so long to come out.

They're banking a console on a Smash Bros. game again and unless they trot out Mario by the end of E3, I worry for Nintendo.

And as I say that, I go to wii.ign.com and see the new Mario game. I'm going to go get a fork and eat my words now.

They're banking a console on a Smash Bros. game again and unless they trot out Mario by the end of E3, I worry for Nintendo.

And as I say that, I go to wii.ign.com and see the new Mario game. I'm going to go get a fork and eat my words now.

Nintendo is too sexy for forks, get a spork instead.