Champions League Final

Evafreak

No bias their TMM?

Maybe, but I'm just saying that the referee was quick to blow his whistle. By all rights, he should've let the game go because there WAS a player through on goal. That's my problem. It was a blatant foul by Lehmann as he grabbed Eto'o's leg, I have no qualms about that, it's just the surounding factors piss me off.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I stated, I bet Barca would have taken the goal, to be honest.

Doesn't change what the ref chose, but they scored, and they argued for it.

And as for whether Arsenal deserved to win or not, or would have won with 11 men....they had more clear cut chances than Barca, with only 10 men.

And as for whether Arsenal deserved to win or not, or would have won with 11 men....they had more clear cut chances than Barca, with only 10 men.

But they didn't score more..

Oh fuck, Liverpool/Chelsea has nothing to do with this. The referee - on this single occasion, the sending off - did EVERYTHING right. He blew when he saw a sending off offence. Yes, he was shit overall, but that decision was RIGHT.

No, he didn't. He SHOULD'VE let the play go on. Maybe he was overwhelmed by the occasion, but in that case he should never have been appointed referee.

Oh fuck, Liverpool/Chelsea has nothing to do with this. The referee - on this single occasion, the sending off - did EVERYTHING right. He blew when he saw a sending off offence. Yes, he was shit overall, but that decision was RIGHT.

No, he didn't. He SHOULD'VE let the play go on. Maybe he was overwhelmed by the occasion, but in that case he should never have been appointed referee.

No.

The law's state he shouldn't. Hence he shouldn't.

Don't be a tit.

11 man Arsenal versus 11 man Barca would have been interesting, but it was killed by the sending off. 11 man Arsenal may have got beaten irrelevantly, but the fact that until the 76th minute (aside from the one Eto'o shot) Barcelona looked toothless, Arsenal would have challenged a LOT better with 11. I didn't say they'd win it.

Can someone tell me what Henry said in the post-match interview?

He said the referee favoured them, that although they are a good side, facing them 11 vs 10 and then having the ref on your back was too much.

Plus that he'd heard the 1st goal was offside.

No.

The law's state he shouldn't. Hence he shouldn't.

The referee's have said that they've been told to let the play go before blowing, which he didn't. That's my point.

Basically said the referee was crap, applauded the team, said Ronaldinho and Eto'o was AWOL throughout the game, praised Larsson, basically that.

Don't be a tit.

11 man Arsenal versus 11 man Barca would have been interesting, but it was killed by the sending off. 11 man Arsenal may have got beaten irrelevantly, but the fact that until the 76th minute (aside from the one Eto'o shot) Barcelona looked toothless, Arsenal would have challenged a LOT better with 11. I didn't say they'd win it.

He said the referee favoured them, that although they are a good side, facing them 11 vs 10 and then having the ref on your back was too much.

Plus that he'd heard the 1st goal was offside.

I'm not.

But it was very similar against Chelsea, and people didn't say that then.

Just like Andy Gray said in commentary, Sammy Eto was offside, and thus shouldn't have counted, but if it was Random Prem Team A vs Random Prem Team B, he'd say that the officials did well by giving him the advantage.

Can't change the way we want the rules to happen, just because they happen against you. This is the same, the referee did EXACTLY what he was meant to.

Just like Andy Gray said in commentary, Sammy Eto was offside, and thus shouldn't have counted, but if it was Random Prem Team A vs Random Prem Team B, he'd say that the officials did well by giving him the advantage.

Can't change the way we want the rules to happen, just because they happen against you. This is the same, the referee did EXACTLY what he was meant to.

Eto'o wasn't offside. Cole played him on. Eto'o was offside for their actual first goal.

That's the time I meant.

I'm just saying how you're all changing the way you'd like rules to work when it bothers you.

At times like that, the referee blows at the infringement, it wasn't a yellow card offence, it was a red card offence. Most referee's don't hesitiate for a red card situation.

That's the time I meant.

I'm just saying how you're all changing the way you'd like rules to work when it bothers you.

At times like that, the referee blows at the infringement, it wasn't a yellow card offence, it was a red card offence. Most referee's don't hesitiate for a red card situation.

I don't think it is changing the rules for what he wants, since thats why the Play-on rule exists.

Barca argued for a goal, so showed what they thought about it.

And I'm not even saying the ref was bad from an Arsenal view. He gave the one yellow to a Barcelona player that won the ball, and gave a foul to the diving Toure for the free-kick that got the goal.

He was shit.

That's the time I meant.

I do get what your saying, but it's the whole thing of inconsistant referees. I'm just harking back to the Liverpool/Chelsea game because it was, essentally the same thing; could've given a red or a goal, and on that day he played on and gave the goal. I'm pissed because the referee could've and should've let play go, but he didn't.

He was bad all night, decisions for both were awful. The free-kick that led to the goal was a dive by Eboue and Eto'o's goal was offside. My whole point here is the referee was atrocious.

I've already said he was shit, you can stop mentioning that already. We all agree on that, okay? Of course Barca wanted a goal, but you notice they were also asking for a card? Yeah, exactly. They wanted both. The play-on rule exists, but I doubt you'll see many a referee use it in that situation. You also have to take into fact what his view of the sitatution was.

It's not up to Barcá whether they get the goal, it's up to the reff.

Yes it is, and the referee made the wrong decision by blowing so early.

It's not up to Barcá whether they get the goal, it's up to the reff.

Yeah, but the point was that they believed the ref should have played on.

Thats all we are pointing out...the ref should have played on.

Fuck...its not like the other option would have got Arsenal anymore out of trouble...they'd have been 1-0 down. If that change in decision would have affected Arsenal in a positive way, than fair enough, but it wouldn't have.