Champions League Final

Evafreak

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh i agree with Dan, way too much diving from Arsenal.

To much diving? That whole one time yeah? Good eyes mate...:rolleyes:

Edited by TMM

What a pity Arsenal's goal had to come from Eboue diving like a bitch. It completely ruins the spirit of the final.

So does ridiculous refereeing though. By all rights, Lehmann should be on the pitch and we should be a goal down. Don't like it, but that's the way it should be.

Lehmann deserved to go, he grabbed Eto'o's foot.

No he didn't deserve to go. The goal should have stood. Yes it was a sending off offence, but Barcelona put the goal in the net, thus a goal. It's one or the other, not both, and the referee made the wrong decision.

Definately a red, last man back, grabbed his foot, tripped to the floor.

No he didn't deserve to go. The goal should have stood. Yes it was a sending off offence, but Barcelona put the goal in the net, thus a goal. It's one or the other, not both, and the referee made the wrong decision.

He did pick one or the other, not both..

I remember two dives from arsenal...I cant remember the other one though, Either way, they were in quick succession, and it might of been hyperbole, but it still has no place in the final.

Yeh, Lehmann did deserve to go, but the refereeing has been pretty poor, as pointed out by Ally and Andy.

EDIT: Yeh I agree with TMM now he's elaborated, my mistake.

Edited by ravenjuice

Definately a red, last man back, grabbed his foot, tripped to the floor.

He did pick one or the other, not both..

I know that. What I meant is people are saying Lehmann deserved to be sent off, and I would agree had Barcelona not scored, but they did, which means he should've stayed on the pitch.

Not really.

I assumed the ref blew before the ball went into the net, and his decision was made. It wasn't bad, it was just against what English fans want, and to an extent, what the Barca fans wanted too.

He made a choice, a fair choice.

Not really.

I assumed the ref blew before the ball went into the net, and his decision was made. It wasn't bad, it was just against what English fans want, and to an extent, what the Barca fans wanted too.

He made a choice, a fair choice.

Perhaps, I'm not complaining because yeah, down to ten-men, but at the time they didn't score, and at the moment we're winning. The point I'm trying to make though is the proper refereeing decision in that instance would be to let the goal stand and not punish Lehmann at all.