FIFA World Cup Question

Guest Larry the Mole Man

Guest Larry the Mole Man

Okay with Serbia and Montenegro splitting, what happens to their football team? Will they stay together for this year or will it become just Serbia or just Montenegro?

It will take longer than the two and a half weeks until the World Cup to settle the split and organise everything.

EDIT:- And if the split does happen befre then, it'll more than likely be Serbia that inherits the spot, since Montenegro will have to apply to all international organisations to be recognised as an independent state.

Edited by TheArsenal

Guest Larry the Mole Man

Sweet. I can't pronounce Montenegro at all. I want to look intelligent [even when talking about Football to drunken fucks] so Serbia is what I've been calling it when I've discussed it [once or twice in my lifetime].

Of course, with my luck, Montenegro will become a World power :(

I guess this could be closed? I don't know. Maybe people want to discuss this or something.

Basically because Montenegro are voting to split from "Serbia+Montenegro" it means everything that was known as "S+M" before is now just Serbia.

Montenegro is just taking the land and starting a new country. but they won't be part of the EU, or anything like that until they have applied and all the other countries agree to see them as their own independant state. I assume a similar application process will go to UEFA, FIFA, etc.

Since Montenegro are the new state, and Serbia are the same country (just less land and half the name) it's the Serbian culture that carries on, And Montenegrish/Montenegrian (??) that starts here...

Edited by TheArsenal

For the World Cup they will play as Serbia & Montenegro; for the Euro 2008 qualifiers, I read that Serbia will retain the current slot, with Montenegro not being able to register on time to allow them to join, since the draw has already been made.

Just looked it up on Wiki, where I read it originally, all info is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_and_Mo...l_football_team

Bosnia and Herzegovina should split and then Herzegovina team up with Montenegro - imagine how awesome that would be.

Herzegovina & Montenegro ¬_¬

Future WWE Tag Team champions :shifty:

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Bosnia and Herzegovina should split and then Herzegovina team up with Montenegro - imagine how awesome that would be.

Herzegovina & Montenegro ¬_¬

Future WWE Tag Team champions :shifty: