World Cup 2006

Dan

Yeah, but let's not kid ourselves that it's just foreigners who dive. In England it's been seen from most of the big names including Rooney, Gerrard, Owen etc.

In Scotland the big name players don't dive.

I can't recall a single Englishman diving. But I can't really remember everything that happens during a whole season.

And our no name players don't dive either. :)

And thank fuck for the EPL, because if I had to watch anymore diving, I'd have cried.

Hahahahaha - because there is no diving in the Premiership, right?

Less than most other big leagues

The SPL > all others.

Well, at least in ONE respect. <_<

Yeah, but let's not kid ourselves that it's just foreigners who dive. In England it's been seen from most of the big names including Rooney, Gerrard, Owen etc.

In Scotland the big name players don't dive because, unfortunately, they don't exist.

Yeah, at no point do I suggest English players don't dive, but its not to the excessive or cynical nature that is seen elsewhere. It's the lesser of two evils, sure, but its the truth.

Technically speaking, Scotland went out of the World Cup to the eventual winners, and we drew with Italy the last time we played them (1-1 at Hampden) so that makes us co-world champions, right?

Edited by The Kraig

Technically speaking, Scotland went out of the World Cup to the eventual winners, and we drew with Italy the last time we played them (1-1 at Hampden) so that makes us co-world champions, right?

Of course. We also have France and Italy in our Euro2008 Qualifying Group. TIME TO WHIP ASS.

Why do England ALWAYS get piss-easy groups? It's ridiculous.

To make us believe we are better than everyone else....duh >_>

Of course. We also have France and Italy in our Euro2008 Qualifying Group. TIME TO WHIP ASS.

That was Brown trying to find the silver lining. We have to have good performances against the big clubs like we did in our last group (after Voghts went) AND pummel the shitty countries like we should. I know Scotland aren't the best team ever, but MOLDOVA?! He need to be raping those kind of teams.

Luckily there's two qualifying positions in the Euro group, opposed to the one for the WC (excluding best second place teams and playoffs).

Thank fuck Walter Smith had the sense to play Boyd and Burke. I can't believe it's taken this long for it to happen though.

THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER...THE DREAM BECOMES A REALITY!

Goodbye Zidane, it was nice knowing you mate :)

Yep, that beats every football moment I've ever witnessed. I said from the start that if it went to penalities, it'd be all over and France would win. And yet again Italy even prove me wrong, the story of the World Cup really, proving the world/critics wrong. As deserving as any other team. I could go on and on about the amazing performances from certain players, but it'd end up being a major huge essay.

Well done to the referee for getting the red card decision correct. Thje penalty was maybe a bit harsh, but at the end of the day he made a little bit of contact, wouldn't have given it myself but I'm not going to moan about it, because it all worked out in the end.

What a ride. What a World Cup. And what a finish. I'm over the moon, couldn't care less about barely anything right now. Not the most amazing game of football, but one of my favourites ever, just for the tension. And even if it wasn't the most amazing game, still found it greatly entertaining personally. Grosso has gone from nothing to everything in my book, fantastic. Forget the scandal, WORLD CUP WINNERS!

Breath taking throughout the tournament most of the time, I'm LOVING it (Y) :):wub:

Yep, that beats every football moment I've ever witnessed. I said from the start that if it went to penalities, it'd be all over and France would win. And yet again Italy even prove me wrong, the story of the World Cup really, proving the world/critics wrong.

France were the underdogs, Italy were the favourites, so to be honest they proved no-one wrong.

Yep, that beats every football moment I've ever witnessed. I said from the start that if it went to penalities, it'd be all over and France would win. And yet again Italy even prove me wrong, the story of the World Cup really, proving the world/critics wrong.

France were the underdogs, Italy were the favourites, so to be honest they proved no-one wrong.

Ugh, winning a World Cup on penalties.

Everyone does realise that you could take a load of Year 9 students and place them against an international football team and there's still a chance you could win a penalty shoot out?

Penalties suck balls and prove nothing that the two teams couldn't manage to win in normal time, so essentially it's a coin toss to see who goes through. Man penalties suck, there just based on luck and give me high blood pressure - which isn't good for a 16 year old, is it? ¬_¬

Guest muddatrucker

I won the penalty shoot-out competition at the Umbro Soccer School when I was 14 years old, wheres my gold fucking medal?