World Cup 2006

Dan

Italy winning proves that "gamesmanship" wins it all, in the end. Fuck how good their football was at times, they are one of the worst teams at trying to con the referee...it's sad that it undermines their football, but it does.

Italy was the best team this Cup. I can't say they didn't deserve to win. And as for Australia getting a questionable penalty against them, I imagine Australia's reputation preceded them. Plus, as Matz said, Italy would've won that match in extra time -- even with 10 men, they looked better.

Forza Italia. Now all hell breaks loose domestically.

Guest muddatrucker

Barthez didn't look close on any of the penalties, he's too fucking small, a good keeper knows which way a player is going, the problem is getting there, Barthez's problem is he's a fucking fraggle.

Italy was the best team this Cup. I can't say they didn't deserve to win. And as for Australia getting a questionable penalty against them, I imagine Australia's reputation preceded them. Plus, as Matz said, Italy would've won that match in extra time -- even with 10 men, they looked better.

Forza Italia. Now all hell breaks loose domestically.

Bollocks does Australia's reputation precede them. They play football like it should be played, hard and fast, not this bastardisation that FIFA has tried to introduce this World Cup where any contact gets a free kick and/or a card.

I think Italy would have won also, but the penalty was a disgrace, and they way the tournament has been governed (as a defender, admittedly) with regards to free-kicks/penalties/cards has been shoddy at best.

"Protecting the skillful players" has turned into letting people cheat, I've got no problem with letting someone like Ronaldinho doing his little tricks but when that comes along with fucks diving every 10 seconds then balls to it.

Can't wait until the Premiership starts again, they can actually slide tackle.