Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat

Blitz

I know there aren't many NBA fans here, but these Finals should be great.

So far the Mavs have a two point lead despite the Heat have looked very impressive early. The Mavs defense cranked up in the second quarter which allowed them to gain their two point lead.

Jason Terry has twenty points, while Dirk has been virtually ineffective with just two field goals.

Who do you think is going to win the series? Got any other thoughts about the Finals?

If the Mavs can continue playing defense like they did in game one, they will get their ball control settled down. Dirk will get past all the jitters and play well throughout the game (as he was offensively ineffective through the middle two quarters).

The only reason I don't want Dallas to win is because of Mark Cuban and his speedo. :puke: .

When Dirk starts to top 20 and 25 points, the Mavs will be unstoppable to the Heat. Although you have to give Udonis Haslem some big props for the way he played defense on him.

My new prediction: Mavs in five.

I'd have to say this has been the most exciting NBA Playoffs in a long, long time.

Glad to see two clubs looking for their first championship in the finals. Being a longtime Shaq fan, I'd like to see him bring this one home. Dallas has a team that could be great for years to come, Shaq doesn't have as much left in the tank.

That being said, I'm also enjoying some parity within the league. The Clips played some great ball this year (now 2 competitive teams in LA), Dallas, Suns, Spurs, Detroit, Cleveland etc. etc. Lots of teams will be back in the hunt next year.

I've been a Mavs fan since I got back into basketball in 2003 and they almost made it to the finals with Van Exel, Finley, Raef, Najera and Bradley.

And they would have made it too, if it weren't for Manu Ginobli's dirty play that injured Dirk.

Needless to say, very happy the Mavs are in the Finals and I figure they'll win it too.

Guest Josef Stallion

Mavs in 5.

The Heat are playing in the NBA Finals like the Pistons did in the Conference Finals so far. No movement, shooting low percentages, and above all else not being able to defend the perimeter or even the paint. I expect Miami to win one of the games in Miami, but that's it.

Heat in 6, I'll stand behind that even though I haven't seen any of the Finals thus far... are the ratings doing well because I do not know anyone who is watching this.

Then how do you say 6 games thus stating the Heat will somehow get out of losing by 10+ in four consecutive games? I could atleast accept your idea more if you've actually seen one game but now you're just looking like a complete idiot. The fact is, for whatever reason the Heat have been shutdown by the Mavericks and cannot find a way to consistently stay with the D. One more loss will make the odds of a Heat championship this year incredibly low and I'm not sure Wade could get past the mental distress of being that far behind a very in-depth Mavericks squad.

I've liked the Mavs since the beginning of the Nash/Nowitzki era so I'm pulling for Dirk to finally get a ring as he's been one hell of a Forward.

Edited by XrMars

Guest Bosstown Boy

When my friend said to me, after the Heat had gone down two-to-nil in the series, that they were done for, I disagreed. The only reason the Heat lost the first two games was due to a lack of adjustments. They had no answer for the Mav's defence. I think that the Heat take game five and win it in seven.

I'm rooting for the Mavericks because I'm a bitter Pistons fan. Plus the Mavs feature Stackhouse who still holds a bit of respect from Detroit fans. On top of that, I've just always hated the Heat, and with guys like Alonzo Mourning, Antoine Walker, and Jason Williams it makes it much easier for me. Though I'm not taking away from the Heat, they're a great team, they deserve to be where they are. I'd just much rather see Dallas hoisting the Finals trophy when all is said and done.