The Omen remake

Guest Chozen

Guest Chozen

Why shouldn't we see it?

Your post was pointless without a reason as to why we shouldn't.

Also, Dr. T references went out years ago. Minus 10 cool points for a Dr. T reference.

Edited by Chozen

Why shouldn't we see it?

Your post was pointless without a reason as to why we shouldn't.

Also, Dr. T references went out years ago. Minus 10 cool points for a Dr. T reference.

Why should I waste my time talking about a pointless remake telling why? It's a waste of a film. The orginal is better. And it's MR.T you fool.

Why should I waste my time talking about a pointless remake telling why? It's a waste of a film. The orginal is better.

Simply put, WHY is the original better? We have a diverse group of people here. Some are interested in plotlines and continuity, some are into psychological arcs, some are into the more technical aspect of the film (cinematography, color schemes, lighting, etc.) and even more branch off into more interests.

Not dogging you, amigo, so don't take this the wrong way...but making posts like your opening post is very similar to when your parents told you to do something "because they said so." It's ad verecundiam, or an appeal to authority, and it's logically fallacious. Are we to fully accept your as an expert in films, or to a smaller extent, "The Omen", because you've watched both versions? Not exactly. Yes, you may have experience in those films, but without explaining where you're coming from, your point becomes no more than telling us to do your bidding because it's your bidding.

So with that said, it's always best to explain your point when making these kinds of statement. You're making a claim and looking to potentially change the status quo, so the burden of proof falls on your shoulders. You don't have to explain a million points, but at the same time, it helps to have evidence to answer the inevitable question of "why?"

Apparently it doesn't have the Dad answering the phone by saying "Yes? This is he." like he does in the original. That was the best part. I'm not watching it.

The kid was creepy as fuck. The atmosphere at the theatre, as it was on the opening and in front of a packed audience, was awesome. I saw it free, and I had no expectations, so I found it pretty good.