Feeder VS Dragonforce

Dan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had a thing a while back about Feeder and it mentioned how that's the best album, whereas I've never actually heard of it >_>.

Though they've always noted that as their best, I'm also going on what a couple of my friends who like Feeder believe also.

EDIT: allmusic.com also as it as Feeder's best album.

Edited by liamwannabe

I bought the "Come Back Around" single and it had a good B-Side song on it, I'll edit it in when I find out what it was.

Can't find the single, but I'm pretty sure it's either Redemption or Opaque, if anyone has heard eithersong then they can probably shed more light on if I'm wrong or not >_>.

Edited by Joutopia

I was well shocked the other night when I was watching Download stuff on Channel 4. The Asian looking guy from Dragonforce was all like "Corr blimey guv! We're 'avin' a roight old cockney knees up!"

I wanted him to sound like a mighty warrior, not a cheeky cockney :(

And for the record, Gojira > Dragonforce > Feeder

Post Jon Lee Feeder sucks majorly, they just completely lost their edge, and unless you really dig deep they've got no good songs after Lee's death. A few of the songs on Comfort in Sound were OK, like Come Back Around and Godzilla, but past that it was just another dreary rock record we've heard a million times before.

Before Lee's death however, Feeder had some awesome songs. Insomnia, Just a Day, Under the Weather and pretty much anything from the Swim album. They were an awesome band, now their just average at best.

I feel betrayed :(

Besides, Pushing The Senses is sexy for anything post-Lee. It's an awesome song.

Also, to call them generic indy sort of seems nothing more than opinion when you consider the sizes of audience they play for.

How many other massive gigs have they played out of interest?

And who mentioned world changing? Oh, here comes the hyperbole police to lock you up in exaggeration-traz.

I believe I made my point,

elequant.

Calm down tiger, I was just saying, just because they play big gigs doesn't make them anymore than a 'Generic Indy' band. I see lots of bands I (and a lot of other people) would consider generic indy play to thousanda almost daily, and even headline festivals and the like. Bands like Kaiser Chiefs, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand and pretty much every other band that gets the NME treatment always sell out large gigs, but like Feeder, they're no different to the rest of the indy bands out there.

I'm not bad mouthing Feeder, I consider myself a fan of their work, but to say their last two albums have been anything to write home about is inane, because they've become a dreary radio rock band.

Gojira

:wub:

And I dunno about Feeder being generic Indie as I've always thought they veer more towards rock than a lot of the other basnds you mentioned. They've still become pretty generic, but yeah.

As for the bands you listed, I don't really see what makes Franz Ferdinand that generic, other than the "OMG NME liked them, they must be generic". I'm not hugely into them, but surely having a distinctive sound kinda breaks away from the concept of being generic?

EDIT: Ollie, Indie > Indy :P

Edited by liamwannabe

Dragonforce have like 1 chorus, which the just seem to constantly regurgitate. (A little OTT...but half of their songs do seem to have about 2 minutes where you could easily confuse it with another 2/3 Dragonforce songs)

Feeder have a handful of really good songs, And they're far from generic indie (As has already been said). I don't see them as indie at all.

And don't bring Razorlight into this...Razorlight are far from geneic indie (Yes the have the stereotypical indie sound, but they're fucking awesome)...but the new song makes me weap with boredom. :(

Dragonforce are awesome...they're incredibly talented, but I seem to find they lack creativity, they're afraid to try something new. I haven't heard the latest album yet, but the single just reaked of same old Dragonforce. Technically they're amazing, but when actually writing songs, they seem to follow the same patterns far too much. I'd probably listen to Feeder over Dragonforce, just because whether I know how or not, I know pretty much all of Feeder's songs thus would be able to have a bit sing-a-long. But I'd definately say Dragonforce are the better band.

Edited by YI