"Revelations"

Tarheels.

Epic Records has announced a September 5 release date for "Revelations", the highly anticipated new album from multi-platinum rock band AUDIOSLAVE.

In a recent interview with RollingStone.com, guitarist Tom Morello described the record as "LED ZEPPELIN meets EARTH, WIND AND FIRE," adding that it's a big hard rock record with a funky bottom." Among the album's many highlights is the groove-driven lead single "Original Fire", and "Wide Awake", about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. "It's probably AUDIOSLAVE's most political song to date," says Morello.

The Grammy-nominated quartet (vocalist Chris Cornell, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk) recorded "Revelations" at Henson Studios in Los Angeles with acclaimed producer Brendan O'Brien. O'Brien, whose myriad credits include PEARL JAM and BRUCE SPINGSTEEN, mixed AUDIOSLAVE's "Out of Exile" record and the "Live in Cuba" CD and DVD. His history with the band goes back even farther, as he produced RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE albums "Evil Empire" (1996), "The Battle of Los Angeles" (1999) and "Renegades" (2000) and mixed SOUNDGARDEN's "Superunknown" (1994).

"Revelations" follows 2005's "Out of Exile", which debuted at No. 1 on Billboard's Top 200 and featured the Grammy-nominated single "Doesn't Remind Me".

"Revelations" track listing:

01. Revelations

02. One And The Same

03. Sound of a Gun

04. Until We Fall

05. Original Fire

06. Broken City

07. Somedays

08. Shape of Things To Come

09. Jewel of the Summertime

10. Wide Awake

11. Nothing Left To Say But Goodbye

12. Moth

Awesome, been hoping to hear the release date for this. Didn't think "Out of Exile" was quite as good as the self-titled album, but it would've been hard to be as good as that. Beside, "OoE" was pretty awesome too. Now, we just need to hear the release date of the new Maiden album, and we're good to go...

EDIT: I would say that then check up and find everything BUT an official release date.

Edited by Aaron Maiden

I love that these days, the workhorses are usually the GOOD bands. The self-titled debut was good, "Out Of Exile" was awesome, and one can only hope they match that intensity with this record.

FINALLY.

They've pushed the "tentative" release back at least twice now. =\

I can't wait, though. I loved the self-titled, and loved Out of Exile even more.

Finally?! They just released an album a year ago! These guys work damn fast.

Excellent news. I can't wait for more Audioslave, for once I'll actually buy the CD rather than aquire it from here (coughRHCP/Muse). I can't believe it's way back in September though, I want it now :(

Awesome, been hoping to hear the release date for this. Didn't think "Out of Exile" was quite as good as the self-titled album, but it would've been hard to be as good as that. Beside, "OoE" was pretty awesome too. Now, we just need to hear the release date of the new Maiden album, and we're good to go...

EDIT: I would say that then check up and find everything BUT an official release date.

OOE was much better than the Self Titled album. I've said the same thing since I first heard it, and I can't remember if it was Liam or Myke I spoke to about it, but to me OOE sounds much more like a proper individual band. They produced their own sound, although some people think it's too Soundgardeny, which is weird since I thought the first album was too Ragey. But they're both excellent CDs, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Personally, I thought Out of Exile was much better than the first album. Whereas the first sounded like somebody threw RATM and Soundgarden together, the second felt more...cohesive, for lack of a better word.

Exactly ({)

Was bored by the first album...adored the second. Hopefully the next album continues the trend.

I'm sorry...just read the article but if Audioslave sound anything like Earth, Wind & Fire on release they may just become the greatest band on the face of the planet (In my eyes).

Edited by YI

I've loved everything so far but I agree with what Kaney and Zan said and that A-Slave have become more cohesive as they progress. But, I liked the previous two albums, I hope this is just as good or better.

Main issue is, WHEN WILL THEY TOUR EUROPE DAMNIT!?

The second album was bland, smoothed over and basically felt like a "Chris Cornell & Co."-album. The first record was much, much better with Morello's RATM-style groove working it's way into the songs way more predominantly than on the second one. I STILL can't stand Cornell on vocals, De La Rocha should just stop being shitty and come back :(

OOE was much better than the Self Titled album. I've said the same thing since I first heard it, and I can't remember if it was Liam or Myke I spoke to about it, but to me OOE sounds much more like a proper individual band. They produced their own sound, although some people think it's too Soundgardeny, which is weird since I thought the first album was too Ragey. But they're both excellent CDs, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

You'll find me and you had that talk too :(

You'll find me and you had that talk too :(

He had it with me at least once, I know that much.

FINALLY.

They've pushed the "tentative" release back at least twice now. =\

I can't wait, though. I loved the self-titled, and loved Out of Exile even more.

Finally?! They just released an album a year ago! These guys work damn fast.

Edited by The Rated-R Superstar

I like the second album more, even if it is nothing more than the follow up to "Down on the Upside" that I never got. They definitely became Soundgarden + Tom Morello's guitar solos, but is that really such a bad thing?

I still want Rage back though.