Best Guinness Ad?

Best Guinness Ad  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Though it may be obvious...

• Surfers (he waits, that's what he does...)
    • Snails (snail race)
    • Dreamer (guy dreams about the meaning of life)
    • The Race (old man swims against pouring Guinness)
    • Rhythm of Time (guys go back through evolution)
    • Mustang (the criminal tames the wild mustang)
    • Fridge Man (the little dude in the fridge pours a Guinness for his master)
    • Other

Eh...I don't really like that ad. I think a large part of what makes Guinness advertising so good is that they've always been quite arty (the same with Stella ads), which sets them apart from the usual comedic beer ads.

That ad was meh.

I much prefer our beer ads, such as this.

Meh... It was alright... Seemed more like a parody of the British Airways (although the beer's Australian I think) than anyway new and original like the bloody fantastic Guiness adverts.

I completely forgot about the Mustang and Dreamer adverts. I love them. Almost makes me actually want to drink alcohol. :blink:

Original dancing Guinness man rules all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvwIxyYg4Dg...h=Guinness%20ad

Here in Ireland, we get different Guinness ad's to the UK, can't find any of them online but they're just brilliant. One guy swims from Ireland to New York so he could have a pint with his long lost brother. What a drink aswell. Original is better than the extra cold, when its freezing cold, it kinda takes a bit of the taste out of it.

Original dancing Guinness man rules all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvwIxyYg4Dg...h=Guinness%20ad

Here in Ireland, we get different Guinness ad's to the UK, can't find any of them online but they're just brilliant. One guy swims from Ireland to New York so he could have a pint with his long lost brother. What a drink aswell. Original is better than the extra cold, when its freezing cold, it kinda takes a bit of the taste out of it.

I don't know if that ad was shown over here or part of some dire adverts program, but I've seen it before, and it's fantastic.

I wish we got those Guiness ads over in the states, those are pretty cool. Instead we get these lame ass Macho Mother Fuckers TAPPING THE ROCKIES TO THE FUCKING EXTREME. Erm, yeah Coors Light sucks.

The surfing ad was cool as hell I thought. I'm a big fan of Guiness myself, but I'm a huge fan of Stout's in general, especially some of the micro brewed stouts out here. I like Murphy's Stout quite a bit, maybe even a bit more than Guiness.

I wish we got those Guiness ads over in the states, those are pretty cool. Instead we get these lame ass Macho Mother Fuckers TAPPING THE ROCKIES TO THE FUCKING EXTREME. Erm, yeah Coors Light sucks.

That said, the Guinness ads they show in the US are pretty funny. I don't know if you see them in the UK, but it's basically two researchers at the Guiness factory...

1: "What do you have there?"

2: "A six-pack."

1: "A six-pack? BRILLIANT! What does it do?"

2: "Well, I've discovered you can carry six beers at the same time."

1: "Carry six beers at the same time? BRILLIANT! Let's drink them."

1 grabs all six beers in his hand when...

2: "You know, I've been thinking. It might not be a good idea to drink six beers at the same time."

1: "Don't drink six beers at the same time? BRILLIANT!"

2: "BRILLIANT!"

They toast and drink.

Okay, those don't come across as nearly as funny when written down, but they're pretty funny the first few times when you see them, and they don't get annoying.

1: "What do you have there?"

2: "A six-pack."

1: "A six-pack? BRILLIANT! What does it do?"

2: "Well, I've discovered you can carry six beers at the same time."

1: "Carry six beers at the same time? BRILLIANT! Let's drink them."

1 grabs all six beers in his hand when...

2: "You know, I've been thinking. It might not be a good idea to drink six beers at the same time."

1: "Don't drink six beers at the same time? BRILLIANT!"

2: "BRILLIANT!"

We got a few of these ads here as well, there was a couple of themes, like "beer, straight out of the bottle? BRILLIANT!"

they were pretty funny.

Big Ad > all Guiness ads combined though.