NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

Speaking of coaches' brutal work habits, I just wonder if Joe Gibbs still keeps up a manic pace. The stories of him sleeping in his office at Redskin Park for days on end are legendary.

I'd love it if Cowher did like Joe and waited until he was inducted into the Hall of Fame, and then came back. May sound odd, but I just like seeing an active Hall-of-Famer.

And there was an interesting point brought up on one of the ESPN shows today (Around the Horn, I think?) about how NC State have got to be bummed about Cowher's resigning. He's an NC State grad who has a house in Raleigh, and would have been a perfect pick for their opening, had they not already filled it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowher resigned, not retired. He usually got an extension with two years left on his deal and didn't get that this year. He wanted his salary to be near or on par with Mike Holmgren and the Rooney's refused. (Can't say that I blame them, $8 million to fucking coach, please) He'll sit out the final year of his deal with Pittsburgh and then have his pick of coaching jobs for 2008.

Speaking of coaches' brutal work habits, I just wonder if Joe Gibbs still keeps up a manic pace. The stories of him sleeping in his office at Redskin Park for days on end are legendary.

I'd love it if Cowher did like Joe and waited until he was inducted into the Hall of Fame, and then came back. May sound odd, but I just like seeing an active Hall-of-Famer.

And there was an interesting point brought up on one of the ESPN shows today (Around the Horn, I think?) about how NC State have got to be bummed about Cowher's resigning. He's an NC State grad who has a house in Raleigh, and would have been a perfect pick for their opening, had they not already filled it.

I would think they gave him a call to see if he was at least interested. Chances are they decided that it would mess up recruiting to have a vacancy for so long without a guarantee Cowher would actually become available.

I couldn't see Cowher working as an NCAA coach. He's not an X's and O's guy at all. He's a master motivator plain and simple, don't think he's the right kind of charismatic to recruit either.

Bill and Dan Rooney got along great, but Art Rooney II the Steelers President and Bill didn't get along at all. I think it's part of the reason Bill left. He never thanked Art in his speech today.

As far as his return, I know he'll be back. He's only 49. He'll take a year or two off and have his pick of jobs, but unfortunately he won't come back to Pittsburgh unless Art II buries the hatchet with him.

I think Carolina is the obvious choice as if they don't do some winning soon John Fox would almost have to be fired.

I walked out of the room before Dallas kicked the ball and I just knew they would fuck up the short feild goal. Suprise suprise, they fucked it up.

That pass interference call prior to the failed Seattle 2 point conversion was utter shit. The ball was a good 5 feet away from the reciever, who was diving in the complete opposite direction, and yet its deemed catchable.

Also, Glenn and Crayton both stood there and watched the ball fall in between them on the final play, great heart.

That pass interference call prior to the failed Seattle 2 point conversion was utter shit. The ball was a good 5 feet away from the reciever, who was diving in the complete opposite direction, and yet its deemed catchable.

Also, Glenn and Crayton both stood there and watched the ball fall in between them on the final play, great heart.

So did I. I mean, really, was there a better way to end the Cowboy's season? Tony Romo played all right, but then couldn't come through when they needed him. Then, on the hail mary, after Romo had already given up as they showed on the sidelines, the wide receivers quit on the play.

Guest Anti-Hero

The Cowboys/Seahawks game was the first full NFL game I've ever watched. It was funny in a sad way to see Romo sitting dejected on the sideline. I would've marked had TO walked up and spat in his face. Poor bastard.

B-B-But, Dallas were going to win the Superbowl.

lol.

B-B-But, Washington were going to do well this year.

lol.

Even though we were on the losing side I thoroughly enjoyed the game, the second half more so for obvious reasons. Referees did well and either side could have won it. Just a great game that makes the Playoffs so special.

It'll be interesting to see what position we draft for first with there being no glaring holes in our team. A quicker safety wouldn't be a bad choice though I suppose.

I'm hoping the Eagles will beat the Giants later today because I'd like to see Eagles-Saints and Bears-Seahawks. Oh and I'm calling a Jets win tonight ¬_¬

If I was Parcells, I'd have Romo out there practicing that play from now until the beginning of next season.

Of course, if I was Parcells, I'd never have gone for that stupid early 2 pt conversion they failed to convert that cost them the game against Washington, either. That was beyond idiotic.