NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots will beat the Colts for three reasons:

1. The Colts have a fairly weak offensive line. Manning should be demanding that the Colts draft some better offensive linemen or trade for some.

2. The refs. I'm sure the Patriots will get away with pushing off and other crap just like they did vs. the Chargers.

3. The Patriots have a better defense than the Colts do.

As for the Bears\Saints, the Bears have an advantage due to the weather, but it depends a lot on if Grossman shows up with his head on straight or not. If he does, I think it will be a fairly close game and could go either way. If not, the Bears get blown out.

Guest bregnahd

Pats vs. Colts

Colts Offensive Line vs. Patriots Front Seven

Edge: Patriots

Colts Rushing Attack vs. Patriots Front Seven

Colts Wide Recievers vs. Patriots Secondary

Edge: Colts

Colts Quarterback vs. Patriots Defense

Patriots Offensive Line vs. Colts Front Seven

Patriots Rushing Attack vs. Colts Front Seven

Patriots Wide Recievers vs. Colts Secondary

Patriots Quarterback vs. Colts Defense

Special Teams

Coaching

Homefield edge to Colts.

6-5 edge to the Patriots.

24-21 Patriots.

My dream scenario...

Peyton Manning gets hurt on the first play of the game. (Nothing serious, just enough to keep him out through the Super Bowl.)

Jim Sorgi comes in and plays the game of a lifetime to lead the Colts to the Super Bowl.

Then the Pats are out and Sorgi blows chunks in the Super Bowl. Everyone wins! No ring for Peyton, and no ring for Bellichick. It's the perfect scenario for me.

My perfect scenario, if the Colts lose?

Tom Brady gets injured in the first quarter of the Super Bowl - nothing serious, but bad enough to keep him out for the rest of the game - and hilarity ensues when they are forced to rely on a QB who should have retired 5 years ago and is so immobile and slow he probably couldn't outrun someone in a motorized wheelchair if his life depended on it.

Edited by GhostMachine

Am I the only one thinking the refs favoring the Pats deal is really much overblown than it should be?

I would buy it against every team in the NFL other than the Colts. I mean this is the same team the NFL referees basically tried to give the Divisional Playoff game to last year against the Steelers.

Manning is the NFL's golden boy and they'll do what they can to try and help him get in.

Then wouldn't your 'perfect scenario' just be that the NFC wins the Super Bowl? Seems simpler.

My perfect scenario, if the Colts lose?

Tom Brady gets injured in the first quarter of the Super Bowl - nothing serious, but bad enough to keep him out for the rest of the game - and hilarity ensues when they are forced to rely on a QB who should have retired 5 years ago and is so immobile and slow he probably couldn't outrun someone in a motorized wheelchair if his life depended on it.

They'd still probably win ¬_¬

Am I the only one thinking the refs favoring the Pats deal is really much overblown than it should be?

I would buy it against every team in the NFL other than the Colts. I mean this is the same team the NFL referees basically tried to give the Divisional Playoff game to last year against the Steelers.

Manning is the NFL's golden boy and they'll do what they can to try and help him get in.

Oh, shush. You're talking about it like it's fixed.

It hilairious this. Everyone (OK, not everyone) loves to complain that their team is disliked by the referees and their rivals or opposing team is helped to the win. Such as the Tampa/Washington match last season in the play offs, where we won the match in the first 15 minutes and then apparently cheated to victory, lol.

I'll be pulling for the NFC team, like always, I don't feel that New England or Indy are favoured, I just don't really care for them, plus New Orleans and Chicago are teams I like, plus I'd get a kick out of seeing NO win and everyone flip that it's all rigged.

It hilairious this. Everyone (OK, not everyone) loves to complain that their team is disliked by the referees and their rivals or opposing team is helped to the win. Such as the Tampa/Washington match last season in the play offs, where we won the match in the first 15 minutes and then apparently cheated to victory, lol.

The whole reason that rules were changed was because the Patriots were committing pass interference on every play but the referee's wouldn't call it. I agree that they shouldn't have called it every time, but it was obvious that the Colts should have gotten at least a few calls for pass interference. The new rules were more in favor of the Patriots, because after that game was reviewed and everyone had a chance to see everything, it would've forced the Patriots to completely change their style rather then alter it.

Yeah go watch the muggings of Colts and Titans recievers back in 2003. Even when they weren't involved in the play, Pats DBs were taking them out, and when they were involved in the play, they'd be on the ground before the ball even got there, or forced out of bounds.