NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt ATL would've even thought of that trade, unless Petrino had something to do with it. Vick is the QB, not Schuab like a bunch of people are saying. I mean, ther's nothing wrong with Schuab, he could be a solid QB someday, but he needs more experience. But Arthur Blank doesn't want to wait a few years for a QB to develop, he wants to win now. That's why I don't see this "Schuab starting" happening. Unless Vick screws up bigtime.

Edited by sqeak

And Vick is not a bad QB. He has a fucking amazing arm and I have seen on numerous ocasions where he is being tackled and he throws the ball pretty much laying on his back and it goes for a touchdown. He is an amazing play maker. I wouldn't mind seeing them move Shaub in and have Vick play receiver on a few plays. Like New York does with Brad Smith and Chad Pennington.

They've done Schuab QB and Vick RB. They tried it against Dallas, and it worked ok. However, if they trade Vick, think of the cap hit. $100 mil with $34 mil signing bonus, that goes through 2015, or maybe 2014. But still, that a lot. And I think Schuab could be good trade, and get us a quality, veteran WR.

Atlanta wouldn't take a cap hit by trading Vick.

While the team is committed to Vick as starter, there are financial reasons for keeping him as well. The Journal-Constitution reported that if the Falcons were to trade or cut Vick, they would take a hit of roughly $23 million against the $109 salary cap in 2007, probably forcing additional roster cuts and limiting the team's efforts to sign free agents and draft picks.

I love the Jason Garrett signing as it fills me with fond memories of him helping the cowboys demolish the Giants in like the second pro game I ever went to.

Garrett is clearly considered by Jones to be a potential head coach and while I'd fully support it right away, he'll probably be OC and then learn play calling under an older coach and take over the job in 2 or 3 years.

I love the Jason Garrett signing as it fills me with fond memories of him helping the cowboys demolish the Giants in like the second pro game I ever went to.

Garrett is clearly considered by Jones to be a potential head coach and while I'd fully support it right away, he'll probably be OC and then learn play calling under an older coach and take over the job in 2 or 3 years.

That's what I'm thinking as well. In fact, I hope Garrett does get the HC job eventually, but not yet. Wade Phillips would be a good choice for the HC job.

I wasn't that into football when Phillips was coaching, but his stats seem pretty good to me :\

Wade Phillips (born June 21, 1947 in Orange, Texas) is the current defensive coordinator for the National Football League's San Diego Chargers and the former head coach of the Denver Broncos where his record was 16-16, and the Buffalo Bills where he was 29-19 and led the Bills to the playoffs in 2 out of 3 seasons. His winning percentage as a head coach is 56.25.

Surely that's a good record?

He made the single worst coaching decision of all time, when he had a playoff spot locked up and benched doug flutie to rest him for the playoffs in week 17, then when the playoffs began kept rob johnson as the starter instead of flutie, despite the fact flutie was the starter all year and got them there.

He made the single worst coaching decision of all time, when he had a playoff spot locked up and benched doug flutie to rest him for the playoffs in week 17, then when the playoffs began kept rob johnson as the starter instead of flutie, despite the fact flutie was the starter all year and got them there.

My dad (a Bills fan) still often wonders what compelled him to do that.

My dad (a Bills fan) still often wonders what compelled him to do that.