NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eagles RB Bruce Perry was carried off on a stretcher with 1:14 remaining, his head immobilized. He was tackled by rookie Timi Wusu on a running play. Players from both sides stood silently or kneeled in prayer before Perry was removed. Perry gave a thumbs-up as he was wheeled to an ambulance and taken to a hospital.

Eagles coach Andy Reid said Perry had a concussion and a team spokesman added X-rays of Perry's neck were negative. A CT scan also was normal and the team expected Perry to accompany it back to Pennsylvania.

"He had some loss of feeling in his arms and legs initially and the feeling started to come back," Reid said. "I don't know how far along he is now."

Source: Yahoo! Sports

That's good news right now as for awhile it looked to be a whole lot worse.

Just did my predictions tonight...

AFC East

*New England 10-6

Miami 9-7

N.Y. Jets 8-8

Buffalo 6-10

AFC North

*Pittsburgh 12-4

Baltimore 8-8

Cincinnati 7-9

Cleveland 4-12

AFC South

*Indianapolis 12-4

*Jacksonville 11-5

Houston 5-11

Tennessee 2-14

AFC West

*Kansas City 11-5

*Denver 10-6

San Diego 7-9

Oakland 6-10

NFC East

*Philadelphia 10-6

*Dallas 10-6

N.Y. Giants 9-7

Washington 8-8

NFC North

*Chicago 9-7

Green Bay 8-8

Detroit 7-9

Minnesota 6-10

NFC South

*Carolina 12-4

*Tampa Bay 9-7

Atlanta 7-9

New Orleans 5-11

NFC West

*Seattle 13-3

Arizona 8-8

St. Louis 4-12

San Francisco 3-13

WILD CARD ROUND

Dallas at Chicago

Tampa Bay at Philadelphia

Denver at New England

Jacksonville at Kansas City

SECOND ROUND

Dallas at Seattle

Philadelphia at Carolina

Denver at Pittsburgh

Kansas City at Indianapolis

CONFERENCE FINALS

Philadelphia at Seattle

Kansas City at Pittsburgh

SUPER BOWL

Philadelphia at Pittsburgh

20 - 16

Yeah, those are pretty insane. I'd bet large sums of money that the Eagles aren't winning the Superbowl this year. :ohwell:

I watched my Colts against the Rams last night, Gary Brackett better be fine. I need to check up on that.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Lions in action again tonight. I'm curious to see how the rookies will look in their first NFL action. I'm hoping to see a bit more excitement on offense, although I don't expect fireworks. Obviously the Lions wont be tipping their hand and showing off their most dazzling plays. However, it'll be nice to get out of that lame as fuck vanilla west coast offense bullshit that Mooch ran. Here's hoping the D runs an agressive scheme. I've noticed that when teams play not to lose that they tend to lose anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Lions in action again tonight. I'm curious to see how the rookies will look in their first NFL action. I'm hoping to see a bit more excitement on offense, although I don't expect fireworks. Obviously the Lions wont be tipping their hand and showing off their most dazzling plays. However, it'll be nice to get out of that lame as fuck vanilla west coast offense bullshit that Mooch ran. Here's hoping the D runs an agressive scheme. I've noticed that when teams play not to lose that they tend to lose anyway.

Nah, the Lions usually are not nationally televised for pre-season. Hell, I think the only nationally televised game they'll have this year will be Thanksgiving (which is a given). Then again you might get lucky and get a few games that are shown based on what is shown in your area. Today's game wasn't bad either, more exciting than seasons past anyway. They won with Marinelli being quoted as saying "Good, but not good enough" which is music to my ears.

I've watched Tampa Bay vs. NY Jets and Detroit vs. Denver and I must say Gardowski who tampa bay drafted in the last round was very impressive offical stats say he went 11-13 for 104 yards and 2 touchdowns. That's great news in the fact tampa bay has no depth at QB with Rattay who sucks and McCown is out with an injury. Williams didn't play at all.

Detroit looked good however I think Orlowsky won't be kept on the team and will be released. Defense really played good.

I've watched Tampa Bay vs. NY Jets and Detroit vs. Denver and I must say Gardowski who tampa bay drafted in the last round was very impressive offical stats say he went 11-13 for 104 yards and 2 touchdowns. That's great news in the fact tampa bay has no depth at QB with Rattay who sucks and McCown is out with an injury. Williams didn't play at all.

Detroit looked good however I think Orlowsky won't be kept on the team and will be released. Defense really played good.

Right, except that Orlovsky was brought in as the second stringer today. Nevermind the fact that if we released him then we'd only have two QB's on the roster. I missed the game but a lot of people said Orlovsky looked good except for the bonehead interception. He's got a lot of raw talent, but could be a good QB in this league in a few years. Don't be surprised if he wins the number two job behind Kitna.

Guest Josef Stallion

McCown should start for the Lions. I know it's game 1 of the preseason but this team actually put up 20 points!! They had a hard time breaking 13 last season.

Edited by Josef Stallion