NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sway the topic too much, because I normally hate fantasy talk, but i've never played before and wanted to start this season.

Give me some basic tips to keep in mind and the best places to play at.

Guest Hurricane

I must admit, being an avid Detroit Lions fan, Im excited for the season to start. I know its only preseason.. but I think this season is the turning point for our previously dismal franchise.

Ernie Sims looked outstanding, as well as some of the other late-round rookies. But most importantly, the big uglies up front (Offensive Line) looked great too. And thats been a big problem in Detroit for the past few years.

Guest Bosstown Boy

I'll be excited for the Patriots season once Branch is in the fold and all is well in the locker room. Brady is improving, Maroney showed up in Atlanta, and the defensive backfield didn't look half-bad. Still too early.

How about the Colts? Onside kick to start the game, three plays, boom - TD. They are certainly impressive and will be fun to watch.

Not to sway the topic too much, because I normally hate fantasy talk, but i've never played before and wanted to start this season.

Give me some basic tips to keep in mind and the best places to play at.

I'll be excited for the Patriots season once Branch is in the fold and all is well in the locker room. Brady is improving, Maroney showed up in Atlanta, and the defensive backfield didn't look half-bad. Still too early.

How about the Colts? Onside kick to start the game, three plays, boom - TD. They are certainly impressive and will be fun to watch.

McCown should start for the Lions. I know it's game 1 of the preseason but this team actually put up 20 points!! They had a hard time breaking 13 last season.

I don't agree. McCown is having trouble beating our supposed third stringer for the back up job so I don't see the sense in making him the starter. If he can light the world on fire than maybe, but I think Kitna is fine for the job. He's not going to scorch the NFL with gaudy numbers but he will be good enough to put the Lions in a position to win. Kitna will work out for us because I am positive that both Kevin Jones and Roy Williams will be great this year. I am convinced that both of them are more than capable of being pro bowl players, it's just a matter of their focus, health, and the way they are used.

I did manage to see last night's game (Tivo is a wonderful thing) and I was pleased. There were some obvious mishaps but that's why we have a pre-season. I was especially impressed with Dee McCann, our sixth round rookie DB. He made some nice plays, didn't appear to get beat on his assignment, and has great size for a DB (6'4).

I'll also echo my fellow Detroiters sentiments about Ernie Sims. The guy looked very good, very active out there. He seems to be one of those energizer bunny types that just doesn't give up on a play, period. Plus, I now understand the hype about him being a hard hitter.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Tony Romo and the Cowboys offense just marched down the field, Romo went 7/9 for 76 yards and a TD. This excites me.

And Vince Young is getting mauled

Edit: scratch that, he's playing like Michael Vick....28 yards on the ground, 56 through the air...4/11

Edited by Maxx

It's the preseason. Just wait until the playoffs come around.

As a 49er fan, I have to admit, I think Alex Smith is horrible. Of course, when you go to San Francisco, you have to live up to a lot at the QB position. That being said, I have to hope he will show some improvement over last season (1 TD - 11 INTs). Having an NFL vet in Trent Dilfer as a back up helps a lot. The o-line is young, and with another season, hopefully they can gel. Vernon Davis might be a specimen, but I happen to like Eric Johnson a bit more. Probably because I've actually seen him do something. Hopefully, with a few 2 TE packages, and a strong running game behind Gore, the offense will actually be alive this season. On defense, all I can do is cry. I can't get over the losses this offseason. Overall, I am looking forward to the season, but I don't have high hopes. I would be pleased with a 6-10 record, but I expect 4-12. At least they are going to improve this season. When you are last in offense and defense, the only way to go is up.

As a 49er fan, I have to admit, I think Alex Smith is horrible. Of course, when you go to San Francisco, you have to live up to a lot at the QB position. That being said, I have to hope he will show some improvement over last season (1 TD - 11 INTs). Having an NFL vet in Trent Dilfer as a back up helps a lot. The o-line is young, and with another season, hopefully they can gel. Vernon Davis might be a specimen, but I happen to like Eric Johnson a bit more. Probably because I've actually seen him do something. Hopefully, with a few 2 TE packages, and a strong running game behind Gore, the offense will actually be alive this season. On defense, all I can do is cry. I can't get over the losses this offseason. Overall, I am looking forward to the season, but I don't have high hopes. I would be pleased with a 6-10 record, but I expect 4-12. At least they are going to improve this season. When you are last in offense and defense, the only way to go is up.

Winborn, but yeah...he's a good linebacker, really fast too, but he never panned out in San Fran. Maybe he can put his career together in Tampa. He was actually traded in the middle of last season to Jacksonville, who released him b/c he didn't impress them either.

As for my predictions, I did them all game by game and had no pre-conceived thoughts about what each team was gonna do. The only team that is skewed a bit is the Cardinals. That's only because in my whole history as a Cards fan I know too well that they only play as well as the team opposing them, and they usually lose to teams they should beat.

The Eagles were a surprise in my predictions, as were the Chiefs. I can only see the Eagles getting better with each passing week, and I should point out that they only won the NFC East in my predictions due to a tiebreak. (Better division record by one win)

As for the Rams, I bet they lose a lot of close games.

Edited by Numbahs