NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pittsburgh's equipment manager better watch out because Najeh Davenport has a thing for taking craps in laundry baskets. As for my team, the Colts, I am fearful for this game against the Giants. Even though Eli looks as if he has down syndrome, I feel that the Giants could pull this one out at home. And all the people on ESPN.com picking Indy just jinxes their season leaving me with nothing but the image of another playoff choke but instead of Peyton or Mike Vandersuck this year it'll be a fumble from Joseph Addai in the red zone that ends their Super Bowl run. Just watch.

I'm not anti-Batch, he's solid, but there is a reason he's a back up right now. He's the type of QB that is typically eaten alive by a good D, and I expected Miami to have him under pressure all night. This is a D-Line that set a franchise record for sacks last year.

He actually did have some good supporting casts in Detroit, teams that were capable of getting to the playoffs. He was decent with us for a few years, but completely sputtered as the years wore on. One thing that caused his demise in Detroit was his consistent injuries, especially when the teams we had were solid and in playoff contention.

True though, Pittsburgh is a good place for a QB to flourish. Strong running game, good wide outs, and a tough O-Line.

It's just OVERhyped. Fuck every segment there was a Manning commercial. Good thing I had the radio on and the tv sound down because that would've annoyed me to no end.

And while sure the game itself deserves hype, it does not deserve nearly as much as it's getting.

And as far as Peyton being the best QB in the game right now...to me personally stats don't mean shit if you don't win.

Tom Brady's the best QB in the NFL. No doubt. Why? He wins. Pure and simple.

Yes, that's right. I completely forgot all about quarterbacks gain the power to completely control their offensive and defensive lines the moment they step onto the field.

I understand that Peyton can't control his offensive line being confused by the defense's scheme, but he does audible. He calls the plays. He was beat by the Steelers defense last year. They had him flustered. Just like New England did.

Granted both Pittsburgh and New England have won the last three Super Bowls, but the fact is Peyton got confused and flustered and lost those games.

Peyton Manning has never won anything in his life. At Tennessee he choked and cost them the national championship. The same national championship they won the very next year under Tee Martin (who?), a Pittsburgh Steelers draft pick and perennial NFL Europe loser.

I respect Peyton Manning for what he is, a good QB and a stat machine. But he is NOT a winner. Never has been. Now that can change, but until it does...he's not the best QB in the NFL. Not in my opinion.

Plus I'm so sick of his sour puss and his bitching when the Colts get stopped or get beat. I understand being competitive but he yells at his teammates even when HE screws up. He gets this look of disgust on his face when something doesn't go his way.

"We had some protection problems." Yeah and even when he had time he was flustered and got happy feet and was totally indecisive. But he doesn't take the blame for that does he?

Ugh. If Peyton's the unofficial spokesman the NFL must be awfully lame.

You do have a point about it being the regular season. And that said I'm just sick and tired of seeing Peyton's dorky mug on my screen when he has done nothing to merit all the hype. Sure being statistically the best QB in the NFL is something, but the NFL's love for Manning can't be denied. It's annoying.

As for the MNF ads, I don't particularly like them either, but at least they show great moments in MNF history, it's not just a continuous blowjob of the same guy over and over and over.

You do have a point about it being the regular season. And that said I'm just sick and tired of seeing Peyton's dorky mug on my screen when he has done nothing to merit all the hype. Sure being statistically the best QB in the NFL is something, but the NFL's love for Manning can't be denied. It's annoying.

As for the MNF ads, I don't particularly like them either, but at least they show great moments in MNF history, it's not just a continuous blowjob of the same guy over and over and over.

Then who do you propose they fellate? I like Manning, and I don't care that the league's putting a lot of focus on him because, like it or not, he is the best quarterback around. Yeah, you can quote "HE CHOKED HE CHOKED" at me all night long, but he is not the sole cause of the Colts or the Titans failing, just as Tom Brady is not the sole reason the Pats won the three Superbowls.

Edited by Evil Chase K

Dude its opening weekend.

There's hype because this is the first time the Manning Brothers have played each other. And because this is NBC Sunday Night Football's first game

No matter what game it was, you'd be absolutely shalacked with hype over it because its opening weekend in the most popular sport in America, on a new network and that network wants everyone and their brother to know about it.

Plus its going to be a good game

I don't fault the NFL and NBC for marketing the hell out of it. It's smart business. I just wish I could go one halftime, one quarter without a mention of it.

But really I don't know why I'm bitching I always turn the sound down when the Steelers play and listen to the radio so I'll only be subjected to it tomorrow during the games.

I'm just a Manning Family hater. Because I think they're sore losers/overrated/babies et cetera.

It has nothing to do with advertising them being brothers, it has everything to do with advertising them being brothers, who are both very good QB's who are playing against each other on a network's return to broadcasting the country's biggest sport.

Beaten to it, it seems.

And I wouldn't neccessarily call Archie a bust. I mean, he is the leading passer in Saints history. Granted, that's not the biggest feat, but that's not really being a bust. Tony Mandrich, now that's a bust.

Edited by Livid