NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

The fact that the Lions and Steelers are both 2-6 is weird. Just weird.

Though this bothers me about the Lions, we could easily be at .500 right now. We've given away atleast three wins, and lost a few others that we could have won if the defense did things right. It seems that the only game that that we really looked outclassed was against the Bears. That was to be expected though.

This is why I don't believe in us tanking for a QB in the draft, I'm against that notion. I'm a firm believer that a team like Detroit can salvage their season. I'm not talking playoffs, but more like an 8-8, or 7-9 finish, giving them some momentum going into next year. A strong finish can do wonders for a team's psyche heading into a new season.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN

Summary: COLTS WIN

I'm so pleased now. Ravens win, Bungles lose, the Steel Curtain goes rusty, da Bears go down, Indy stays unbeaten, and while my accumulator got blowtorched by the Skins, I couldn't care less because everything's gone our way. The Browns and the Steelers are out of the race, the Cinners are two games back and we have a distinct chance of getting to the AFC Championship game depending on how the AFC West goes down

Edited by Be

COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN COLTS WIN

I'm so pleased now. Ravens win, Bungles lose, the Steel Curtain goes rusty, da Bears go down, Indy stays unbeaten, and while my accumulator got blowtorched by the Skins, I couldn't care less because everything's gone our way. The Browns and the Steelers are out of the race, the Cinners are two games back and we have a distinct chance of getting to the AFC Championship game depending on how the AFC West goes down

Can you suck the Colts off any more? Or do you enjoy being on your knees for Payton that much?

Can you suck the Colts off any more? Or do you enjoy being on your knees for Payton that much?

I can give it a try if you really want hon.

REPRESENT BBBBBBBMORE!!!!!

God, I thought the AFC Nrth was going to be good this year.

What's even worse is the Steelers could have won that game if they had HELD ONTO THE BALL. They turned it over 4 times inside the ten and still only lost by ten points. I don't know if this is worse than the Oakland fluke or not. Either way the AFC North will not get a single playoff win from whoever gets out of it, I guarentee it. Cincy has reverted to their old ways, the Steelers are absolutly cursed, the Browns just suck and the Ravens look pretty weak to me. Steve McNair will be injured again, and when he goes down Baltimore will get an ugly reality check. Even with him, I don't see them beating a quality team this year. For clarification, Cincy is NOT a quality team right now.

On the plus side, I had a good week in my football pool.

What's even worse is the Steelers could have won that game if they had HELD ONTO THE BALL. They turned it over 4 times inside the ten and still only lost by ten points. I don't know if this is worse than the Oakland fluke or not. Either way the AFC North will not get a single playoff win from whoever gets out of it, I guarentee it. Cincy has reverted to their old ways, the Steelers are absolutly cursed, the Browns just suck and the Ravens look pretty weak to me. Steve McNair will be injured again, and when he goes down Baltimore will get an ugly reality check. Even with him, I don't see them beating a quality team this year. For clarification, Cincy is NOT a quality team right now.

Is San Diego a quality team?

Answer: yes.

He meant in the playoffs. And I agree.

EDIT: Let me clarify.

I think Baltimore could win their first round game if their opponent is the lower seeded wild card.

But if it's the higher seeded wild card, they're probably looking at a first round exit. And if they do make it to the next round, that's where their run ends.

One thing they have going for them is that they won't have the Steelers in the playoffs to knock them out like usual.

Edited by Evil Chase K

Either way the AFC North will not get a single playoff win from whoever gets out of it, I guarentee it. Cincy has reverted to their old ways, the Steelers are absolutly cursed, the Browns just suck and the Ravens look pretty weak to me. Steve McNair will be injured again, and when he goes down Baltimore will get an ugly reality check. Even with him, I don't see them beating a quality team this year.

I meant this year, they have had a run of bad luck, not all time obviously.

Also Be, Cincinnati is not a "quality" win. New Orleans and San Diego, fine, but they probably shouldhave lost to the Chargers. Let's review.

Ravens blow out Tampa Bay, very impressive.

Ravens handle Oakland Raiders, bravo.

Baltimore squeak by on the raod against the CLEVELAND BROWNS. Yes, those Browns.

Baltimore beats San Diego by 3, doing so with an inept running game, poor passing (Aside fromt wo drives) and there stellar defense.

Baltimore loses at Denver (A real contender) by ten on the road.

Baltimore loses to Carolina at home, but it's close and the Panthers are decent.

Baltimore finally gets a decicive, quality victory over a good team, the Saints.

Baltimore manages to slip by the Bungles at home, this looks like a less impressive win every week.

The teams Baltimore have beaten have a combined record of 22-26, while the one's who have btean them have a 10-6. Will the Ravens win the North? I would hope so, they have the easiest schedule in the NFL for the rest of the season (25-39 Combined record) but when they face legitimate AFC compitition (Denver, New England, Indy, Jacksonville...) I just don't see them winning, even at home. The Jaguars seem like a Wildcard team that WILL beat there opponent, and of all division leaders the Ravens will probably finish last (Although they could get 3rd since the AFC West teams will be killing each other).

In conclusion, the Ravens will lose their 1st playoff game, but should win the division.