NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a HUGE win for the Browns, coming back from down 28-14 to win 31-28 in OT thanks to Derek Anderson, the new QB for the Browns after that performance.

All I am going to say to that is Kelly Holcomb and I am a Browns fan.

I can tell you right now the QB of the future for the Browns is not currently on the team and that is what they need to get in this draft, a franchise QB since there are a couple good ones this year.

No offense but that is the one thing that I have hated about Browns fans even being one myself is that on a dime they can go from wanting one QB to another, look at last year even everyone was calling for Frye the first time Dilfer showed any sign of making mistakes. The coach has usually made the change to appease the fans and there hasnt yet been a point since the Browns have been back that changing the QB has worked out well, I would say that it is one of the bigger reasons that they have struggled for so long. They dont give the QB's a chance and they havent really put enough effort in trying to get anything better too.

The Lions fucking piss me off. I hate being so fucking loyal to a shit team that always dissapoints me. Every Sunday I'm that much closer to having a stroke because of these fucking games.

Seriously, we had the game in hand, but Jon the fucking bum scumbag shithead QB Kitna (sorry for the long nickname) screws us up. Thought maybe I am too hard on the guy, he is a mediocre QB behind a fucking awful offensive line. An offensive line that is offensive LOL!.

Sorry, I'm fucking bitter right now. Every loss hurts, even if we are expected to lose every game. I'm too hardcore of a Lions fan, even if we are 2-10 now, I still get excited when we take a lead against a team. :crying: Somebody save me from this NFL purgatory.

I said this earlier, but forget firing Millen. I SAY WE KILL THE MOTHER FUCKER AND DRINK HIS BLOOD.

Edited by VerbalPuke

What an asshole move by Gruden to go for the FG after having your ass kicked all game. Go for the TD and try to earn it.

As for the Browns...Derek Anderson, Charlie Frye...it doesn't matter, they're not gonna win the AFC North next year no matter who the QB is.

Shockey is a dickhead, and every time he opens his mouth about Dallas, he sticks his foot in it. I remember when Parcells took over the Cowboys, Shockey ran his mouth before the Giants played the Cowboys and looked like a damn fool. Had something like 2 passes thrown to him the entire game, and neither was really long or for a TD.

Isn't this when Shockey called Parcells a homo? Something to the effect of "Yeah, we'll still beat the Cowboys even with Parcells as their coach, the homo".

Even though it was a dickhead thing to say, I got a kick out of it.

I don't think there's a right answer to the QB situation in Chicago. The Bears have put a lot of faith in Grossman, and obviosuly want him to be their franchise Quarterback, so it's dumb to disrupt the team and replace him with someone who we know won't be a long term solution. Then again, the numbers Grossman's putting up are getting increasingly embarrasing and if not for a stellar defense and excellent special teams (Hester has like 4 TD returns in the last 8 weeks or something crazy), he'd be seriously tanking the team. Neither Griese or Orton can make that much of a difference to the Bears playoff run in my opinion, it all hinges on how well the defense and special teams continue to play, and how successfully they can keep bailing out the offense.

On another note, I really wish Rex would stop saying things like "We need to stop making mistakes on offense," and "We need to take care of the football." No Rex, it's YOU that needs to do that.