NFL 06/07 Talk

Guest Mighty Mighty Bosstown

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still stand firm on the Texans not drafting Bush front, and somewhat on the Young front, mainly because Carr, this year, has proven he's at least decent at QB and at the time of the draft, the Texans didn't know that Davis would be hurt for the year. I thought it would've been pointless to draft Bush with a healthy Davis as they're really the same player, just Davis is a bit smaller. Young I can understand because it's his hometown and Carr hadn't proven that he was that good of a QB before the draft, but he showed glimmers. The area the Texans needed help at the most was the o-line and they should've drafted Ferguson after trading down. I don't care to who, just trading down a couple of picks and taking Ferguson should've been their game plan going into the draft. I'll give Young credit though, he's adapted to the Pro game far quicker than I expected.

Sean Payton didn't make a classless call. The Cowboys offense is potent and never really got that hot in the game, so keeping the ball while up 18 already, is smart because it would control the clock and it also keeps the Cowboys defense on the field and the Cowboys offense off of it. If you think it was stupid, you need to look deeper into the situation.

Oh and it was nice to see that the 49ers defense showed up for the game Sunday. Seriously, I don't care who you are but you can't let someone get as wide open as Ruvell Martin was on that TD.

Edited by Livid

I can see them not taking Young, because Carr is a good QB just he gets sacked every 3 seconds. But how you can pass up on a once in a lifetime player like Bush is just beyond me. Yes you need OLine and Defense, but passing up on Bush was just something that will boggle the mind.

I stand on the "Why does Houston even have a fucking team?!" front, because I still can't figure out why the NFL awarded them a new franchise after the way the Oilers were treated the last few years they were there. Honestly, another market should have gotten a franchise instead of Houston.

They also had a long history witht he league, a strong fan base, and their owner is clearly just another greedy asshole (See: Art Modell) so yeah, they do deserve a team.

That said, they were retarded not taking Bush, and Young speaks for himself. The Titans aren't that good a team, but they are winning because Vince Young can do that for them. In addition, he's like a god in Texas. He's a scrambler who throws, but more important is he is a winner. The guy is just great.

Oh, and Bush showed why he should have been picked by his displays against San Fran and Dallas, and he's not even starting. Not to say Mario Willaims couldn't become a great player, but I don't see him ever matching up to Vince Young & Reggie Bush.

Rex Update:

First drive showed what he should have been doing and was doing in the first 5 games. Check downs and just getting the first, which in-turn will open the big play. Outside of Jones' stupid penalty which put Rex in the bad situation, good starting drive. Hopefully he stays with it for the rest of the game.

Devin Hester is possibly the most valuable player to his team in the league.

EDIT: I wish ESPN would wise up and get a decent announce crew, i.e. the guys who did the secondary duty when there were two Monday night games (Jaws and co.). did they stop ragging on the Bears all night? For fucks' sake, call the game, and stop asking "When can I say this game is over?"

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

The Lions continue to bat .1000

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Detroit Lions running back Kevin Jones will not play at Green Bay on Sunday, and team officials are concerned that his foot injury might keep him out the rest of this season and possibly a lot longer.

Jones injured his left foot late in Sunday's 30-20 loss to the Minnesota Vikings and had tests on Monday, but it is unclear what they revealed. ESPN.com's John Clayton reports that Jones will visit a doctor in Charlotte to see if he has a Lisfranc injury to his foot. Results may not be known until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Jones has blossomed in Mike Martz's offense, rushing for 689 yards and catching a career-high 61 passes for 520 yards. He has eight touchdowns, including a career-best six on the ground.

"He's a tremendous player," Lions coach Rod Marinelli said. "If he's going to be out for an extended period, we would obviously have to alter our plans for the future."

Jones' teammates knew that a 2-11 season could get even worse without their most consistent offensive threat.

"That's a huge loss," tight end Dan Campbell said. "Look at everything he does for us and the way he has flourished this year."

This report says that he'll be out for the rest of the season. The most recent reports out of Detroit said he'll be out from "six months to a few years", so basically the Lions need to find a running back for 2007. This fucking blows because we really need to focus on our lines. It's a shame, Jones is a fucking good back, but got bitten by the Lions curse.

I bet Marinelli and Martz really feel like assholes for releasing Artose Pinner now. The Lions top three running backs end up on injured reserve, while Artose Pinner has proven himself as a very nice back up in Minnesota. I never understood why the Lions released this guy. He was a good second stringer, a very hard nosed north/south runner that could pick up the tough yards. I'm glad he rushed for a career high 125 yards and 3 TD's against the Lions on Sunday. It's poetic justice.

By the way, Millen is the cancer of this team, so I have dubbed him Millenoma (like Melanoma..ya get it!?). :shifty:

Edited by VerbalPuke

Rex did what I asked him to do, check down don't make terrible decision let the running game help you and the plays will come. Factor that in with Hester sucking the life out of the Rams whenever they had some momentum and you have a reciepe for success. Rest of the season Bears don't play anyone real tough, so it'll be interesting to see if this trend continues, but if it does the Bears will be dangerous.

The Bears were up 35-13, so their defense didn't need to completely shut them down, they just simply needed to keep the big play from happening. The Rams scored two more times, one drive was 15 plays and the other was 10 plays. The Bears defense didn't dominate, but they played very well to give the Bears the chance to get up 35-13 on the very potent Rams offense.

What does Colston's draft status have to do with it? I would say Colston will win as he is having a good season, but being drafted in the 7th round should not be a factor. Hester just broke a 30 year old record and has 6 TD Returns while Colston only has 7 TD's recieving. Now the argument of if he is eligible for ORY is up for grabs, I think he should be because he created points on the board, and changed 3 games around by himself (Cards, Giants, and Rams), while Colston has been good hasn't had that same game changing impact.

Guest Giraffe

Pretty sure the Bears just handled a pretty stout St. Louis team offensively, defensively, and special teams-ivly. I think the Saints are the class of the NFC though.

Edited by Giraffe