Favourite film sequels

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with a lot of the films already mentioned, and to add to that, I think that "Lord Of the Rings: The Two Towers" blows the other two films out of the water.

Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors.

If for no other reason than a fucking sweet theme song from Dokken!

And I'll go out on a limb and say Freddy vs. Jason is better than any Nightmare or Friday the 13th movie. It's the ultimate piece of fan service.

Definitely, I went into that thinking it'd be a pile of shit (coming from a big fan of both series) but it went far and beyond my expectations.

Alien vs. Predator was a better "Something vs. Something" movie then Freddy vs. Jason.

I've sat and watched both at least 5 times each, and other than Lance Henriksen, Alien Vs Predator just isn't as good as Freddy Vs Jason.

That is like arguing that being poked in the eye is better than being kicked in the groin... :pinch:

In terms of "V.S." films, Freddy vs Jason was pretty good. Alien vs Predator was mediocre.

A list of sequels I liked better than the originals:

-Aliens

-Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

-Shrek 2

-Back To The Future Part 2

-Friday The 13th Part 4: The Final Chapter

-Rocky IV

-Spiderman 2

-X-Men 2

-Home Alone 2: Lost In New York

-Adam's Family Values

-Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

-The Matrix Revolutions

-The Devil's Rejects

How anyone can prefer either Matrix sequel to the original is beyond me. The first one was simply put; amazing, and can be watched hundreds of times without becomming boring. The action was crisp, new and exciting and the characters were great (even Keanu "I am a plank of wood" Reeves was great in it). The sequels are just words that mean nothing, they try way too hard to be futuristic. You could watch the first one and think "yeah... maybe that could happen...", but the other two were rubbish!

How anyone can prefer either Matrix sequel to the original is beyond me. The first one was simply put; amazing, and can be watched hundreds of times without becomming boring. The action was crisp, new and exciting and the characters were great (even Keanu "I am a plank of wood" Reeves was great in it). The sequels are just words that mean nothing, they try way too hard to be futuristic. You could watch the first one and think "yeah... maybe that could happen...", but the other two were rubbish!

I don't prefer any of the sequals to the original, but I think Revolutions was still a fucking good film. Reloaded was a bit meh, okay, but it was mainly just a buffer between Neo becoming the One and Neo finally doing what he needed to do. It would have been far too much to fit into just two films and still explain it all but there wasn't really enough to make three films if you get what I mean. I prefer the original, but Revolutions was a good way to end the story, in my opinion. They get shat on a lot because of the hype that went with them, and no they weren't they amazing films they should have been, but they were no where near bad films.

The Robocop series, now there is a franchise with some disgusting sequals.

Guest Bosstown Boy

As far as Matrix goes, my favorite part in the whole series is probably the very end of the third movie. You all know the fight scene / wrap-up at the end. I really like how it makes you think.

Hell no! Robocop 2 was amazing, what with the foul-mouthed eight year old and all. How his parents agreed to let him do that I'll never know.

Dude. DUDE.

Robocop has never been the same after the excellent original. Robocop one was about a tough, awesome cop becoming an unstoppable cyborg. So in Robocop 2 they decide to take an evil criminal and make him an unstoppable cyborg? What?

Don't even get me started on Robocop 3. Whoever came up with the jetpack idea should be shot in the fucking face. With a shotgun. That fires knifes.

Which Robocop was the one where he had wings/a jetpack/something to that effect? I really didn't like that one.

Robocop 3. I sort of hinted at that when I said "on Robocop 3. Whoever came up with the jetpack idea" but I can see where you'd be confused.

:shifty:

Which Robocop was the one where he had wings/a jetpack/something to that effect? I really didn't like that one.

Robocop 3. I sort of hinted at that when I said "on Robocop 3. Whoever came up with the jetpack idea" but I can see where you'd be confused.

:shifty:

That post was not posted when I posted my post.

A likely story. How CONVENIENT for you. But the truth is that that post was posted before you posted your post, and these further series of posts are simply highlighting the fact that these posts are irrelevant because the posts we're posting about have already been posted.

To stay somewhat on subject, I can't decide if Die Hard 3 is better than Die Hard 1. It's easily my most favourite trilogy of all time, but I can never place those two. Die Hard 2 is firmly on the bottom, although it rocked too.