Horror Punk

ravenjuice

So this morning I ordered tickets to go see The Misfits in Birmingham, and yesterday I ordered tix to see Wednesday 13 in Nottingham, I'm a big fan of both of these bands, but have very little else in terms of that genre. I have a shit load of Maniac Spider Trash and Frankenstein Drag Queens stuff, but i class that all as Wednesday 13. So yeah, any other bands in that sort of vein I should be checking out?

Oh yeah I have Danzig stuff too.

Edited by ravenjuice

Balzac? 45 Grave?

EDIT:

May help a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_horror_punk_bands

Bands that stand out are the ones I mentioned as well as Zombina & The Skeletones.

Edited by Cloudy

Some say that's where man began, on this wasted piece of land, where evolutions yet to show... forbidden zone. Blasting into outer space, the Planet of the Apes, evolutions one hero.

Anyway.. on a similar note, I recently ordered an album from Michale Graves non-misfits discography. I think it was from the band Graves. I haven't recieved it yet, sp no recommendation, however if you plan to download rather than buy it might be worth a go.

Oh and if for some reason you don't own the Roadrunner All Stars CD, make sure you at least get Michale Graves song I Don't Want To Be (A Superhero)

Gotham Road, Graves and Michale Graves are all good stuff. Careful though, because a lot of what's out there for download is live performances with shitty quality, so many have been tricked before.

Bauhaus are also good.

And I'd suggest the Nekromantix as well.

Balzac? 45 Grave?

EDIT:

May help a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_horror_punk_bands

Bands that stand out are the ones I mentioned as well as Zombina & The Skeletones.

Eh, I'd say they're more of a psychobilly band than anything, same with the Nekromantix.

My suggestions would include Thee Undertakers, The Undead, and the Gentleman of Horror. All worth the effort to find. If you want another good horror type artist, but not exactly punk, than I'd check out the Screaming Lord Sutch.

Some say that's where man began, on this wasted piece of land, where evolutions yet to show... forbidden zone. Blasting into outer space, the Planet of the Apes, evolutions one hero.

Anyway.. on a similar note, I recently ordered an album from Michale Graves non-misfits discography. I think it was from the band Graves. I haven't recieved it yet, sp no recommendation, however if you plan to download rather than buy it might be worth a go.

Oh and if for some reason you don't own the Roadrunner All Stars CD, make sure you at least get Michale Graves song I Don't Want To Be (A Superhero)

I told a lie I'm afraid. I ordered a Michale Graves Cd, not a Graves one.

I'll wait until it arrives before listening to it elsewhere. Graves just has a voice that I don't think I could dislike no matter what, so I'm not concerned. I'll probably get the Graves album later, as well as the Gotham Road one.

Misfit, since you're in this thread, did you ever listen to Kryst The Conqueror? The EP turns up on ebay every now and then, it's very tempting.

the Michale Graves cd (Punk Rock is Dead) is pretty good... I'd reccomend the songs Beware, Teenage Mosnter, and Punk Rock is Dead off of it...

and Well I'm a huge fan of Wednesday 13 (the FDQ box set is awesome, as is Transylvania 90210...)

I'll wait until it arrives before listening to it elsewhere. Graves just has a voice that I don't think I could dislike no matter what, so I'm not concerned. I'll probably get the Graves album later, as well as the Gotham Road one.

Misfit, since you're in this thread, did you ever listen to Kryst The Conqueror? The EP turns up on ebay every now and then, it's very tempting.

Edited by EndOfAnEra

I heard it but I don't remember too much. I've kinda grown out of all that, ya know? Since the Misfits became a joke band, anyways. From what I remember they weren't bad. If you can get it for cheap, take it. Can't hurt, right?

I was going to say though, I wasn't even aware you could get a Graves CD, as I didn't think they had released one, aside from a few demos. That band lasted a week before they split due to 'conflict of interest' IE: Chud was an asshole.

i got Punk Rock is Dead for $15 canadian... (hmv.ca which is amazon.ca... though there prices do vary greatly... changing almost daily in some cases... and it is still $15 canadian right now...)... and i got it relatively faster than there shipping estimate, if i remember right it was in like 2 weeks (though it too does vary...)

and from what i read the Gotham Road CD was only sold during their tour... so that one would be harder to get as it was never widely released (which would end up making it a little bit pricier...)

Edited by Styk