Well...

Dingle

Guest Bosstown Boy

Have you ever watched The Shield?

If not, I'd really suggest you rent the Season 1 DVD and give it a shot. It's really a whole new breed of cop show, very entertaining.

As far as something that is already on, I would vote Prison Break in as a good show. Rescue Me with Denis Leary is also a good blend of comedy and action.

I don't really buy movies anymore, just TV shows.

A friend of mine and myself are buying alternate series of the following

Family Guy

American Dad

Sliders

Smallville

I also buy Star Trek (TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY) and CSI (Original)

Rescue Me isn't on here in the UK at the moment. Should be back with the new series in few months I would have thought.

The Shield's great, Channel 5, 11pm on Friday. Although you'd probably get lost if you hadn't seen previous series.

At the moment I'm watching Without A Trace (Thursday, 9pm, More4) and Scrubs (Thursday, 9pm, E4). Those are the only two good programs on at the moment :(

Guest Bosstown Boy

Have any of you seen that treasure hunt show? It's like Amazing Race mixed with the movie National Treasure? I wanted to watch it, but I missed the first few episodes and can't be bothered now.

I'd suggest that as well.

Is there anything on TV worth watching that isn't too far in then?

As far as what appeals to me, I'm planning on getting the final lot of Family Guy, presuming it's out. Got all 24, and maybe I'll start watching Trekkie on TV if I can find it >_>.

Dude, watch TV on DVD.

There's nothing better than finding a show on DVD that you haven't been watching and sitting in front of the TV for 10 hours straight witnessing episode after episode and thinking to yourself "why didn't I ever think about watching this?".

I was just about to suggest Deadwood. I love it. Can anybody find a show with more swearing in it? :P Yeah, Deadwood gets my vote, but you would need to catch up on previous series' of it to have any idea whats what.

Also, does anybody remember Ian MacShane in Lovejoy? Now THAT was a touch of class.

Guest Ringo Hates Divers

Is there anything on TV worth watching that isn't too far in then?

As far as what appeals to me, I'm planning on getting the final lot of Family Guy, presuming it's out. Got all 24, and maybe I'll start watching Trekkie on TV if I can find it >_>.

I think Prison Break just started on UK Gold and shouldn't be too far along.

Also, watch House on Channel 5 tonight at 10 and every Thursday. Do it.

And of course Scrubs on E4 at 9.

Edited by King ROOOOOOOONEY!

I have to say, the best TV show to get on DVD is Arrested Development. No canned laughter, no filler. It's just totally awesome and hilarious. I don't think there is a weak episode in whole show, from start to finish. It has characters that, on paper, you would hate the fuck out of. Rich, spoiled brats. But you relate to them in a strange way. It's my favorite television show of all time.