Movies On Musicians

Benji

Well, there's been Johnny Cash, Ray Charles and nowsupposedly Jeff Buckley coming up, who would you like to see have their life (or part of) on the big screen?

I personally would choose Frank Sinatra, film and music star, relationships with so many Hollywood beau's he could count them with body parts, connections to the mob and government, I just think he'd be an amazing man to cover.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do need a good Sinatra bio-pic, that would be amazing. I don't know of anyone in Hollywood who could properly pull off Old Blue Eyes though. Ray Liotta was pretty good in the Rat Pack movie, but he's too old to portray Sinatra in his younger years. Although people said that about Kevin Spacey playing Bobby Darin and Beyond the Sea was an amazing film in my opinion.

I'd love to see a bio-pic on Marilyn Manson several years down the road when he's finished up his career.

Guest Chasing Ringy

I don't see anything on Frank Sinatra being made anytime soon. The Sinatra estate tend to threaten litigation when it comes to any biography that depicts him as a drunk, womanizer or as having mob-ties. The only person that managed to avoid such litigation was Sinatra's butler (and his book is actually awesome, I'd recommend it to anyone) and even at that, the veracity of his accounts is severely questioned.

Apart from a Sinatra flick, I'd settle for pretty much anyone in the Rat Pack.

Hendrix for sure, would be really trippy, and it'd be interesting to see the portrayal of his rise and fall. A Bon Scott biopic could have potential too.

While it's never going to happen (mainly because of the negative way Courtney Love would likely be portrayed in it) a Kurt Cobain movie would probably be good. I'm saying that and I'm not even a Nirvana fan.

Already a filmilization on Kurt, but not a big one. Here's a little info from wikipedia:

Last Days (2005) is a film by director Gus Van Sant, and is a fictionalized account of the last days of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain. It was released to theaters in the United States on July 22, 2005, and was produced by HBO. The film stars Michael Pitt as the character Blake, based on Kurt Cobain. Kim Gordon (of Sonic Youth), Lukas Haas, and Asia Argento also star in the film. Author and friend of Van Sant's, Harmony Korine, appears in a brief club scene as well, playing a character similar to one in the movie Kids.

There was also a Tupac film as well though, wasn't there.
If your talking about the Nick Broomfield "Biggie And Tupac" movie I think it gets disqualified because its a documentary not a fictionalized movie. However if there is a Tupac movie I don't know about.....then Im going down to the video store.

What are you talking about, fictionalized movie? Walk The Line or Ray wasn't...

There was also a Tupac film as well though, wasn't there.
If your talking about the Nick Broomfield "Biggie And Tupac" movie I think it gets disqualified because its a documentary not a fictionalized movie. However if there is a Tupac movie I don't know about.....then Im going down to the video store.

I could've sworn I remember some movie about... ahhh here it is:

On November 14, 2003, a documentary about Shakur entitled Tupac: Resurrection, was released under the supervision of his mother and narrated entirely in his voice. The movie was nominated for "Best Documentary" in the 2005 Academy Awards. Proceeds will go to a charity set up by Afeni Shakur.

Although a documentary it still had his voice and stuff in it and film bits of his life, so I am sure they'll wait a while, quite a while before doing an acted out movie.