American Sports

Bigal

Okay, I want to try to get into a new sport, but I have no desire to watch British stuff, so which American sport should I attempt to establish an interest in? NBA, NFL, NHL...the baseball one (:shifty:)?

Help me, and you receive no award, other than Bigal love, the greatest gift of all.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to watch meaningless games for the majority of a season watch NBA, NHL or MLB >_>

Go with NFL I says. Training camps have just started up and it's going to be in the main sporting headlines from now until February, plus Channel 5 shows at least one game every week. If you have it, Sky Sports has a double header every Sunday once the regular season gets underway.

Yeah, NFL all the way.

If you want to watch meaningless games for the majority of a season watch NBA, NHL or MLB >_>

Go with NFL I says.

If you wanna watch games which barely run more than 5 seconds without a stoppage, go with what alldawson said. If you actually want FUN games to watch, go with the NHL.

Meh, I do watch NFL sometimes, but it doesn't come closs to how fun watching NHL is.

ugh, hockey while can back up it's statment as the fastest game on ice, has it's fair share of stoppages and TV timeouts. Quite annoying to see the game stopped because of an icing and the regular season really is nothing compared to the playoffs.

NBA will give you fast paced action with stoppages near the end. The season is pretty entertaining, but it's similar to NHL in which the playoffs outshine the regular season. (And non blacks do like the NBA as you can tell by who sits in the arena every night but that's another topic)

MLB is not a game I'd reccomend to the English, far too slow, and you have to be a fan of the matchups rather than a fan of just gameplay. The game is very repetitive and not fun to watch kinda like watching Soccer/Futbol and not knowing any players on the field and sucky announcers.. can make for a bad experience.

The sport you should go for is NFL, not only do they have an equivalent in Europe (NFL Europe) but every game matters. Not too difficult of a sport to get into either..

as for me, I like the college version of each of these sports (except baseball) so that's what I prefer to watch.

Go with NFL I says.

If you wanna watch games which barely run more than 5 seconds without a stoppage, go with what alldawson said. If you actually want FUN games to watch, go with the NHL.

Meh, I do watch NFL sometimes, but it doesn't come closs to how fun watching NHL is.