American Sports

Bigal

I used to love playing basketball, but it's boring to watch. American Football and Baseball are boring. They should televise rounders, that'd be great. :shifty: Basically NHL is the way to go. It's the only thing which is fun to watch, for me anyway. I don't want to have to sit for hours on end for something to finally happen.

Totally unrelated, but I googled 'televise' to find out if I spelt it correctly and found this;

Channel 4 to televise UK's first "Masturbate-a-thon"

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I watched some baseball last night on Five and really quite enjoyed it. It was the Phillies against someone >_>

So, who do I support? :P

Well the "bandwagon" teams are New York (both), Boston, St. Louis, Chicago (both), San Francisco, and Los Angeles Dodgers. So I'd suggest not choosing any of them. There are a lot of options. If you want a team with not much history though (a team you can see have their "golden age" so to speak) go with Washington, Colorado, or Tampa Bay. Other teams that have history but not yet a true "golden age" are Milwaukee, Texas, Seattle, and San Diego. Then you get the teams that have a pained fanbase like Baltimore, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh. Teams that haven't sniffed success in years more or less.

There are a lot of options. And it really I guess lies in you to choose. Look at uniforms, maybe even choose one based on a city you like. The choice is up to you.

I hate this notion that all English folk despise American sports. Football is dull as fuck compared with American Football and Ice Hockey. And I'd probably choose to watch a baseball game over a football game if I had the choice.

I've never understood how people can say football is dull, then claim that American Football isn't. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the long, tedious breaks in between every play.

40 seconds at the most is long and tedious to you? :ohwell:

I hate this notion that all English folk despise American sports. Football is dull as fuck compared with American Football and Ice Hockey. And I'd probably choose to watch a baseball game over a football game if I had the choice.

I've never understood how people can say football is dull, then claim that American Football isn't. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the long, tedious breaks in between every play.

People in short shorts who partake in mass group hugs deserve to die ¬_¬

College lacrosse is quite popular I think, but whatever professional league (if there even is any) aren't at all.

Don't even suggest NASCAR, it's not a sport >_>

Players have died in Rugby as well (Y)

Have 18 died in one season?

Edited by alldawson

There is chest padding generally in Rugby, or they do wear some protection underneath at times.

Oh yeah, and if you consider the weight differences in American Football compared to Rugby. There's a 250lbs Running Back (generally less) trying to weave through 9 370lbs+ guys.

Oh and Lacrose is a great sport, it's like Ice Hockey, with no Ice, and giant nets on sticks.

There is chest padding generally in Rugby, or they do wear some protection underneath at times.

Oh yeah, and if you consider the weight differences in American Football compared to Rugby. There's a 250lbs Running Back (generally less) trying to weave through 9 370lbs+ guys.

Oh and Lacrose is a great sport, it's like Ice Hockey, with no Ice, and giant nets on sticks.

lol, no it isn't. If you want to see the largest difference, think of a corner back, they can be as light as 150lbs at time, and if he comes on a blitz at a offensive lineman, who weigh up to what, 450lbs?

Then if the corner back catches someone on the blitz, then absolutely everybody is just gonna converge on that, and the nearest people? The offensive and defensive lines. Could turn very nasty.

I'm not trying to say Rugby players aren't tough, they are and are total sons a bitches. But the weight differential in NFL is much different, because in NFL players are for certain tasks more than in Rugby. In Rugby you have to be able to do it all, so while you have to be strong you need to be able to run as well.

An offensive lineman or defensive lineman can easily put on as much muscle mass as possible and let their speed suffer (although defensive ends obviously need more speed).