New Evanescence song

DoubleX

It's up for listening at Evanescence's site. Has anyone else heard this yet?

I was a bit surprised at the beginning, doesn't sound like anything Evanescence have done yet, especially the way Amy was using her voice, but this sounds pretty awesome IMO. Can't wait for The Open Door.

holy hell my ears have been audio fucked by the best. I fucking love the intro and the whole song is awesome! Amy Lee and the band are back and better than ever. I'll definetly be purchasing this album when its released

I adore the start. Love the bluesy feel. Great riff. ALl in all, brilliant stuff. Evenescence write good melodies, so there was never a doubt in my mind that I'd dislike this song. Can't wait for the album. her voice seems a little strained, but I dunno. I still like it.

/forum/index.php?showtopic=40929">Zero recently had a topic about the matter, but since it's just now starting to get airplay (and the video's being finalized...story about that here.)

Song is interesting, especially since the news of Shaun Morgan (her former beau) checking into rehab for alcohol and substance abuse. At least the title makes a bit more sense, if not a bit bitchy.

Wow, Ben Moody leaving Evanescence may be the best thing that could have happened to them because that song is better than the majority of the stuff on Fallen.

Don't get me wrong, Fallen was good, but every song sounded like the one before. Only stand out tracks from that was My Immortal and Bring Me To Life. Can't wait for the album now.

Yeah, I heard it a few months back when on of the reps from Wind-Up came in to the station, we just started playing it today. It is absolutely phenomenal, hell I think it's their best song to date.

EDIT

And I agree with TMM. Whoever was worried about Moody leaving, if this song is an indication of the record, he was more of an anchor than anything.

Edited by Zero

I don't really care for it, personally. Amy's certainly got a good voice, but I thought she was very meh here. The intro did nothing for me, though I dug it once it kicked in. The sound is solid but nothing that stands out for me.

I just found it very average.

But i'm obviously in the minority so far.

Wow. That intro was so different, but when it kicked in probably it was just...amazing.

Definitely a new classic for them. Although I enjoyed the Fallen album greatly, it was too samey, and this is a breath of fresh air. I can't wait for the new album!

It was good. Much better than everything else they've done, which for me isn't saying much. That being said, I'm not blown away like some others in the thread are, but that may be because I've never really cared for them all that much.

*EDIT* Listened to it again, the intro was nice but didn't tell us anything we didn't already known, Amy Lee can sing and that's already been proven. For me it feels like the intro was just spliced onto the rest of the song from something else, they don't seem to gel well with each other until towards the end of the sample.

I'll reserve further judgments until when the cd is released. So far it's promising, and at the very least I'd give it a run through once to see if the rest of the tracks justify a purchase.

Edited by Big Red Fury