CD's You have recently bought

Vendetta

Was just wondering how many of you get your music the legal way....or illegal way....

In the last two weeks I have bought these CDs

1. Double Live: Garth Brooks

2. The Defenitive Collection: The Blues Brothers (Akroyd and Bellushi

3. Us and Them: Shinedown

4. My Mothers Hymn Book: Johnny Cash

5. Live at Stubbs: Matisyahu

6. The Legend of Johnny Cash: Johnny Cash

7. Blue Collar Comedy Tour: Foxworth, Engvall, White, Larry the Cable Guy

8. Good Apollo I'm Buring: Coheed and Cambria (finally bought the album)

9. From Under the Cork Tree: Fall Out Boy

10. The Essential Red Collection: Sammy Hagar

11. Try!: The John Mayer Trio

13. The Essential Molly Hatchet: Molly Hatchet

14. Contraband: Velvet Revolver

15. The College Dropout: Kanye West

16. Let It Rock: Best of Georgia Satelites: Georgia Satelites

17. Late Registration: Kanye West

18. Live From Las Vegas: Frank Sinatra

19. The Best of Hootie and the Blowfish: Hoote and the Blowfish

20. Songs of Freedom Box Set: Bob Marley

The last three are Christmas Presents

I got most of those CD's from BMG music service. So far I've spent $118.30 bucks total and saved a ton of money. The only CD's I paid full price four was

The Legend of Johnny Cash

Songs of Freedom

The rest was Shipping and Handeling which is close to 3.00 bucks a cd.

I'm poor, so only 1 recently. I bought "Guitarthanon" by The Unforeseen Crisis. It's their debut EP, with all the money going to charity (Help A Hallam Child). Not a bad metal album. You can check them out on here.

Edited by Preacher Britain

I bought Misfits "Collection II" and the Hopeless Records compilation, Hopelessly Devoted To You Vol. 6. For $5.99, you get two discs of music, some horrible, some great...and a DVD with videos... the only good videos though were Avenged Sevenfold.

Streetlight Manifesto's "Everything Goes Numb" and Reel Big Fish's "Our Live Album is Better Than Your Live Album"...I got them both at a concert that featured those two bands, Whole Wheat Bread and MXPX.

Streetlight's may be the best Ska CD I've ever heard. For those that don't know, Streetlight is basically Catch 22 from Keasbey Nights, including the awesome singer/songwriter.

Let's see, in the past 2 weeks I bought

Tool-10, 000 Days

Dark Funeral- Aterra Cotus Sanctus

Wolfmother-Wolfmother

Bon Jovi- 100, 000, 000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong (Special Collectors Set)

Slayer- Christ Illusion

Stone Sour- Come What(ever) May Come

Counting Crows- Can't remember the name and it's too far away to check

Breaking Benjamin-Phobia

The two most recent albums I have bought were "The Velvet Underground & Nico" by... well, the Velvet Underground and "Juke Box Alarm" by Stereo Total like two weeks ago. Both are very good.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Guest seattlebandfan9

Recently..

Unearth - III In The Eyes of Fire

Cannibal Corpse - Gallery of Suicide

Cannibal Corpse - Vile

Lamb of God - Burn the Priest

Stone Sour - Come What(Ever) May

Silent Civilian - Rebirth of the Temple

Five Horse Johnson - The Mystery Spot

The Who - My Generation - The Very Best of the Who

I always set aside money to buy music. Its just something I do. I don't care what anybody else does, but I buy, I download as well, but I always buy what I enjoy. I think its important.

I bought 9 the other day.

Opeth - Damnation

Opeth - Deliverance

Morrissey - Live At Earls Court

Morrissey - Ringleader Of The Tormentors

Clutch - Pure Rock Fury

Billty Talent - II

Muse - Black Holes And Revelations

In Flames - Come Clarity

The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico

A nice little haul all in all.

I picked up a few new CDs while I was in England for the weekend:

Tom Waits - "Frank's Wild Years"

Tom Waits - "Bone Machine"

The Pogues - "Dirty Old Town"

The Lucksmiths - "Naturaliste"

Loudon Wainwright III - "One Man Guy"

All very very good, of course.

I haven't bought many recently, although I intend on getting the self-titled albums of Hardcore Superstar & 12 Stones, something by 18 visions (since I just caught them on Scuzz and they are awesome), and A Hundred Highways, Cash's last album. Now, just need to find the money for such products. >_>

I bought them off Amazons a little under two months ago, but they only arrived the other day:

Romantic And Square Is Hip And Aware - Absolutely phenomenal Smiths tribute album, well worth getting. Probably the best tribute album I've ever heard, and with fantastic liner notes. All the bands are fairly obscure, the only ones on there I'd heard of were The Lucksmiths, The Guild League and Pipas, but every cover is fantastic, if you're into the Matinée Recordings twee-pop style.

The Television Personalities - My Dark Places - Been waiting for it for a while, I'd heard most of the tracks, but I wanted the whole album. Easily the best thing the band's ever done. Kept their DIY style, and it's still instantly recognisable as a TVP album, but the cheeriness is all but gone, it's a really dark album, but in a weird way...fantastic stuff, though.

We Love Lush - It's not a CD, but still...it's a fanzine, with free flexidisc, for the band Lush, from 1993, that's been sitting in my work for months, so I finally got round to just taking it home. Brilliant stuff. The flexidisc is just pure lovely shoegaze wonderfullness, and the fanzine itself is brilliant. I miss lovingly hand-made fanzines. Damn you internet!

I went into CD Plus yesterday to pick up the movie Van Wilder for my mom, and ended up leaving with another CD for me, haha... Stone Sour, Come What(ever) May. It's really good stuff. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but it's tremendous rock music.

Today I got...

Wednesday 13's "6 years, 6 Feet..." it should hold me over till the new Wednesday 13 CD is out since this is a collection of FDQ songs "re-worked"...

The Death Riders "Soundtrack for Depression" I really enjoy this CD... if only it was longer... I highly reccomend it...

I also got Orgy's "Vapor Transmission" and "Punk Statik Paranoia"... haven't really listened to these two yet... though i did really like the first Orgy CD (and i have heard a # of songs off of both of these...)

Edited by Styk