Songs that piss you off

hugobomb

Chamilionaire - Ridin dirty (?)

that "new" Beyonce song (deja vu)(?)

New Outkast song... don't know the name

anything by Nickelback (I FUCKING HATE NICKELBACK), Simple Plan, Default, Theory of a Deadman, Hedley... or any of the "pop princesses"... or Bubba Sparxxx

I think the new Outkast song is "Morris Brown" or some shit like that. Kinda makes me want to :puke:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Songs that piss me off

-It's Going Down - Young Joc

-Shoulder Lean - I don't know who made this song, but it sucks the largest amount of donkey dick possible.

Anything by these new dirty south rappers that you see on TV. I guess anybody can get a major record deal and music videos today. Unless you're actually talented like Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Jean Grae, and other underground rappers.

I personally don't mind some of the southern stuff. It's not good lyrically, in fact a lot of it is shit that's hard to explain why it's worth listening to. The fact these songs have a catchy beat half the time is what saves them, although only in low doses. If I heard "Goin Down" or "Shoulder Lean" about 6 times a day, it'd wear thin on me pretty quickly.

It's sad though how rappers with talent and intellect get thrown away to the side for this mindless trash and the female R&B shit. Cassie and the rest of them ... please disappear cause I want your genre to die. Once in a while you'll hear decent shit on Hot 97, but like at midnight between Dipsuck shit. I'm just hoping that Grafh and Papoose make it big, make a resurection for good rap.

Songs that piss me off

-It's Going Down - Young Joc

-Shoulder Lean - I don't know who made this song, but it sucks the largest amount of donkey dick possible.

Anything by these new dirty south rappers that you see on TV. I guess anybody can get a major record deal and music videos today. Unless you're actually talented like Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Jean Grae, and other underground rappers.

I personally don't mind some of the southern stuff. It's not good lyrically, in fact a lot of it is shit that's hard to explain why it's worth listening to. The fact these songs have a catchy beat half the time is what saves them, although only in low doses. If I heard "Goin Down" or "Shoulder Lean" about 6 times a day, it'd wear thin on me pretty quickly.

It's sad though how rappers with talent and intellect get thrown away to the side for this mindless trash and the female R&B shit. Cassie and the rest of them ... please disappear cause I want your genre to die. Once in a while you'll hear decent shit on Hot 97, but like at midnight between Dipsuck shit. I'm just hoping that Grafh and Papoose make it big, make a resurection for good rap.

You do realize that it's a mass conspiracy out there to keep things stupid. BET has banned videos for being too intelligent. The record industry pushes slop like this "snap" revolution lately out of Atlanta. (Dem Franchise Boyz may have the worst album I've ever heard besides 50's Massacre).

You do realize that it's a mass conspiracy out there to keep things stupid. BET has banned videos for being too intelligent. The record industry pushes slop like this "snap" revolution lately out of Atlanta. (Dem Franchise Boyz may have the worst album I've ever heard besides 50's Massacre).

Are you serious? That is pathetic...

Are you serious? That is pathetic...

Guest Chasing Ringy

Oh, and I hate every single Coldplay song ever. They were fine until they start getting overplayed to death and having each show/movie feature Yellow at least once.

Keane don't have guitars on the new single. It's a keyboard and a pedal.

And the reason why Keane don't have a guitarist is because the guitarist left.

According to a program about the best-selling bands of the 21st century, the record label wanted to get rid of the guitarist and make the band sound more like Dido, as they thought it would be more marketable.

According to a program about the best-selling bands of the 21st century, the record label wanted to get rid of the guitarist and make the band sound more like Dido, as they thought it would be more marketable.

I thought the guitarist was gone long before they sparked interest from record companies.

Lily Allen's "Smile" pisses me off. It's a generic pop song, with the same R'n'B elements of every other pop song, she sounds like she needs to breathe into her oxygen tank, and the only reason people are interested in her is because she's a drug-taking little shit like Pete Doherty. Speaking of, has Pete Doherty ever done ANYTHING to justify being called somewhat talented?

And I agree with Dragsy about Lostprophets. Talk about bending over and getting fucked in the arse, trying to make 12 or something songs in the vain of "Last Train Home" with those long emo titles that every yeehaw thinks its witty and/or meaningful in order to please the record company. Amazingly the thing that pisses me off most about "Liberation Transmission" minus the whole 'look and listen at us, we're the REVOLUTION, STAND UP AND RISE LOLOMG!!!' thing is how they removed all the easy-listening drum-beats/mini songs at the end of their songs. They were better than the actual songs...

Edited by God-Awful

I thought the guitarist was gone long before they sparked interest from record companies.

It's probably completely unfounded, I just remember one of those blokes who pops up on "Top 100" shows talking about it.

Speaking of, has Pete Doherty ever done ANYTHING to justify being called somewhat talented?

Freewheelin' Pete Doherty. Babyshambles session tapes. Libertines EPs. Most of the first Libertines album, and some of the second.

Freewheelin' Pete Doherty. Babyshambles session tapes. Libertines EPs. Most of the first Libertines album, and some of the second.

I admit, I think "Up The Bracket" and another one (EDIT: "Don't Look Back Into The Sun" - cheers YI :P) are good songs but just like The Arctic Monkeys and what they're playing, there's a forced bandwagon for these bands as "good" (general opinion, not neccessarily my own) British music ended years ago when people fell out of love with bands like Blur, Oasis, Suede, Pulp and Supergrass. ANOTHER EDIT: Sure there's been great British bands since then (Feeder, Muse) - but they (being the music media) haven't tried to shape some kind of music revolution until bands like Libertines and Franz Ferdinand appeared on the scene.

Edited by God-Awful

I loved The Libertines songwriting on the first album. Granted it's not the greatest thing in the world ever, but it's very, very good. Also, "Don't Look Back Into The Sun" is a modern classic. However it was seemingly the combination of Barrat and Doherty that made them so succesful. As cracks appeared, the second album wasn't as good. And now both are doing their own thing. Barrat is still fronting 'The Libertines' (Can't remember their name) and fuck knows what Doherty is doind...smack probably. However Babyshambles and the other one both sound like half The Libertines...without each other they're just not as good. IMO. So much so that I'm just not fans of either. Besides Killamanjiro...which basically sounded exactly the same as The Libertines. To be honest, both men have to try and break away, do something different, instead of trying to produce what they had, by themselves.

Edited by BillyGunnPinchedMyBum