Best Foreign Films.

ROC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life Is Beautiful is an excellent movie to pick up if you find it, one of my favourite films of all time.

Other recommendations would be: Y Tu Mama Tambien, Battle Royale (obviously), the original Wicker Man and Trainspotting

8 1/2 and The Bicycle Thief > *. Italian cinema is so awesome.

I can't believe you didn't pimp any Egoyan films. I left a void open for you and you failed :shifty:

I have a hard time considering Canadian films "foreign", especially since I am Canadian and when it comes to box office numbers, North America is generally grouped together. >_>

Der Untergang. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Rashomon. Shaolin Soccer. 28 Days Later. Battle Royale. Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance. Oldboy. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. The Killer. Hard Boiled. Yojimbo. Akira. Triumph of the Will. City of God.

Especially Der Untergang, though. Fantastic film. Go out of your way to see it.

Edited by Heel Turn

What makes a film foreign? Can you consider Kill Bill or Lord of the Rings foreign because they were shot in Japan and New Zealand?

And technically because I'm Canadian, I can consider any American move foreign. I can say Clerks is my favorite foreign film.

But if I dont count either my favorite foreign films are probably Ninja Scroll and Hero.