Best Foreign Films.

ROC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just as easy to discuss foreign language films, since the boards has English in common.

In terms of genuine contenders for my favourite film overall: Shaolin Soccer, Oldboy and City of God had most impact. All in my top ten probably.

Yes.

Though I personally view Akira as one of those "ground breaking for when it was made, but you'll never want to watch it more than a couple of times" type films.

Other anime movies:

The Place Promised In Our Early Days

Steamboy

The End of Evangelion

My Neighbour Totoro

Kiki's Delivery Service

Laputa, aka Castle in the Sky

The Castle of Cagliostro

Princess Mononoke

and so on.

Edited by stokeriño

I already mentioned Kill Bill and Hero, I personally consider them foreign. I'm also gonna add Fearless, it's one of favorite martial arts movies, and one of Jet Li's best. And also the Bruce Lee films Chinses Connection, Enter the Dragon, and Return of the Dragon.

My favorite anime movie is Ninja Scroll, and is one of my favorite movies of all time. I'll also add Street Fighter: Alpha, its a lot better than Street Fighter 2: Animated Movie.

Kumonosu jô (Throne of Blood)... Directed by Japanese film legend Akira Kurosawa, Throne of Blood is probably his most underrated film. It is an adaptation of Shakespeare's MacBeth set in feudal Japan, and is starring the always spot on Toshirô Mifune

Kumonosu jô (Throne of Blood)... Directed by Japanese film legend Akira Kurosawa, Throne of Blood is probably his most underrated film. It is an adaptation of Shakespeare's MacBeth set in feudal Japan, and is starring the always spot on Toshirô Mifune

God what a movie. And, yes, this is totally his most underrated.