Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

Everton beating Chelsea at the moment? Am I in BIZZARO WORLD?!

Edit - I am hoping for a draw here. I hate Chelsea and I hate Scousers, so that would be a good result for me >_>

Edited by Myked

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, there are fairytales more realistic than that :P

New manager, who's never won against Manchester United as a manager (or a player), wins 1-0 in his first game in charge, against the league leaders, via a goal scored by the club captain :P

Then the Chelsea game was awesome. It was like watching Southampton play a few years ago. Generally they played shit, but with awesome player up front scoring magnificent goals (although Chelsea had three, Southampton only needed one). And Mourinho accusing Andy Johnson of diving was comedy gold. Not only did he not dive (wasn't a penalty though), but hello? Didier Drogba AND Arjen Robben play for you, you REALLY can't complain.

Man City should've had a penalty too, but you can't really complain; if one decision in the game means that much to your result, you probably don't deserve that result anyway ¬_¬. Besides, it's not like he was certainly going to score or anything, he still had loads to do to score from there.

Which brings me to another annoying thing that's recently becoming more prominent: Celebrating being awarded penalties. A penalty is supposed to be compensation for the unfair removal of a goal scoring opportunity. You're supposed to be pissed off. If you celebrate the penalty being awarded, it makes you look one (or both) of two things:

1, like a smug twat, assuming you're going to score

2, like you're patting yourself on the back for a brilliantly crafted dive, because you obviously didn't expect to get the penalty or you wouldn't be so fucking happy about it.

I think the person that gets fouled should be the one to take the penalty, except in situations where they actually are injured, and thus can't. Perhaps then the players that are shit at penalty taking will think twice before diving. Looking at nobody called Arjen Robben in particular.

Guest muddatrucker

6-2, I'll take that, still conceeding far too much but a win and six goals is a win. Flamini is turning into somewhat of a prolific goal scorer too, and I'm much happier with Gilberto so far this season.

I'm not hopeful that we'll keep Baptista after this season too, with the rumours regarding us trying to sell Reyes rather than a straight swap and the fact that Aliadiere seems to get more of a chance, 89th minute? how is he suppose to prove himself with a 1 minute kick about? I'd be gutted if he left even though he hasn't done much yet.

Edited by muddatrucker

Ugh, Chelsea steal ANOTHER win. Judging by the highlights (which aren't much, but I'll watch Football First in a bit and see some more) Wigan and Heskey in particular played their hearts out. Undeserved loss for them.

What a goal by Paul Scholes today by the way.

Blackburn deserved to get assraped to be honest :P With Bentley's diving antics (nice to see players celebrating undeserved penalty appeals wasn't in my imagination after all. Pffft, after all Arsenal did for you, fucker) combined with the referee getting confused with the rules, or possibly being colourblind. I'm not saying it was a penalty (it was veerrry soft, IMO. But then, this is Van Persie we're talking about, his centre of gravity tends to be in his forehead; unusual for such a shortarse), but if it was a penalty, it was a red card. Learn2referee.

And then there's Joey. Joey, Joey, Joey. My favourite bit was when he ran over to shake Faye's hand, as if shaking hands would make the red card go away. And then Stuart Pierce (who's usually quite good with this sort of thing) tried to claim it wasn't a red card... I very nearly literally pissed myself laughing. And when the fuck will the FA/FIFA wake up to goalline cameras? EVERY other televised sport has technology in place to deal with the equivalents in their sport (run outs/nicks in cricket, tries in rugby, photo finishes have been in horse racing for fuck knows how long, etc). So there really is no excuse. But as it was Jussi, I'll say it wasn't over the line ¬_¬. His coolness makes it not count.

Newcastle vs Tottenham was a comedy of errors. Quality entertainment unless you're Martin Jol, in which case you'd probably be forgiven for calling up Highfield Road and asking if the wrong Sky Blues turned up in Newcastle today.

West Ham were dissapointing, after last week, but the referee (more to the point, the linesman involved. Or not involved, as the case may be) was an absolute twat. I even called it when it happened, and the linesman was closer than the TV camera. There's no WAY Koncheski should've been sent off. He got the ball about three hours (in the 'Exaggeration' time zone) before he got the player. If Fulham had scored from that, it would've been worse than Montreal ¬_¬ (still in Exaggeration mode, sorry).

Although I guess Fulham should've had a penalty earlier, so it nearly evens out.

Ugh, Chelsea steal ANOTHER win. Judging by the highlights (which aren't much, but I'll watch Football First in a bit and see some more) Wigan and Heskey in particular played their hearts out. Undeserved loss for them.

That's why Chelsea will retain the title this season, because they can grind out results. It's not about stealineg per se (especially as over 90 minutes, they deserved the win), but having that extra gear that other teams don't have.

And as Reily said, though Konchesky shouldn't have been sent off, we could/should have got a penalty.

Though Reily, you suggesting Bentley wasn't fouled when Toure clearly clipped one leg and then fell forward onto his other leg? It was more a penalty than the Persie one (which I thought was a pen, he just went down way too easily).

FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH FUCK MIDDLESBROUGH

Meh. Bentley dived, in my opinon. I'm sure it would've been a penalty if he'd bothered to stay on his feet long enough to find out, but for me that was a dive. Like you said earlier though, I seem to see things completely differently to everyone else :P

Oh, and "Father Christmas wears blue" for quote of the season ¬_¬.

And Be... the only person fucking Charlton is Charlton. You defend more like Cheltenham.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Ok, so apparently he's 6ft. :|

Maybe it's the fact that he looks about 12 that makes me think he's short. That, or the fact that he's always on the floor (not necessarily in the diving sense, but in the "having the balance of a guy with no ears" sense).

Edited by Farmer Reil