Roy Keane to Manage Sunderland

Guest Ringmaster

Guest Chasing Ringy

Keane set for Sunderland

Roy Keane is reportedly set to be named the new manager of Sunderland.

The former Manchester United ace is set to link up with former Republic of Ireland team-mate Niall Quinn at The Stadium of Light.

Quinn revealed on Tuesday that a new manager was lined up to replace him as boss, so that he could concentrate on his role as chairman.

Keane retired from football earlier this summer after a short spell at Celtic.

The 34-year-old was forced to hang up his boots on medical advice, but he always expressed his desire to go into management at some time.

Keane gained his coaching badges this summer and he is now set to take his first steps in management at Sunderland.

Quinn will be hoping the Manchester United legend can help transform Sunderland's fortunes after a disastrous start to the season.

Keane is expected to take charge for the first time in next Monday's home clash with West Bromwich Albion.

I WANTED TO POST THIS!!! :'(

Ah well, I'll just say what I said in the thread I made: Well...that could be interesting. Keane's a natural leader, so I'm sure he'll do quite well. It'll be interesting to see how he is as a manager. I can just see him coming out after a defeat and blaming the Sunderland fans and then calling as his players rubbish or something.

I only just heard about this not too long ago. Being a Sunderland fan all my life, it's disheartening to see how much they've slipped since the back end of the 90's where they were doing very well for themselves. I've never really been a fan of Roy Keane, but that's mainly due to my dislike of Manchester United. I know he was a great player, and if that lends itself to him becoming a great manager for us then I'm all for it. God knows we desperately need something to lift us after a shitty start to the Championship season. I have no idea just how much the club has to spend, but hopefully they along with Keane can bring a few people in to give us a chance of not dropping another division.

...if nothing, he'll put the fear of god into them so much that they won't dare lose :shifty:

Quinn's said often enough that money isn't an issue, we did put in a joint bid of like £7m earlier in the season for Reid & Davenport but it got turned down.

The issue is more getting somebody to come to a team who 5 games ago were 'going back up, only to come back down' but have gone to 'gone down, could go down again'

• 2 weeks later...