2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

Vermette's first one right? I think I recall thinking damn watching that.

And Sundin can single handedly outman the entire Canadiens team except for a select few. Komisarek was taking cheap shots all day and if that had been Tucker on somebody like Koivu or Latendresse they'd be running off and crying behind Downey or one of your other tough guys (I'm not gonna mention Kovalev in that list because we all know he can dish out the cheapshots right back). Komisarek is a beast and it's good to see Mats won't back down from him.

Edited by Clawson

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not backing down, which is good testicular fortitude, and then there's getting up, and holding, clutching, slashing, etc etc. It just to me demonstrates that he feels that he's untouchable.

And I think if anyone is outmanning any team, it's Koivu, he did it twice to Toronto to tie the game up. I mean honestly, Montreal should have lost the game. But Koivu just threw the entire team on his shoulders and went to work.

I think you are right about Koivu, Basha. Other then Komisarek making some good defensive moves, the majority of the Canadiens looked a little useless tonight. Saku Koivu's first goal was just pure willpower, and Koivu played amazing in the last period of the game.

I think that the Blackhawks have some good young defenders and a goalie that can be amazing when he wants. That right their should give the team a chance to win in most games. When Marty Havlat returns, I hope he picks it up where he left off and continues to be on the Highlight Reel every night.

Montreal had a high scoring affair with Boston losing 6-5. The last goal by Boston was a piece of shit, Komisarek was blatently hauled down in open ice without the puc, and no ref calls a penalty, not 10 seconds later Boston scores. Shitty ending for a game when Montreal came back from 4-1 and 5-4.

Montreal had a high scoring affair with Boston losing 6-5. The last goal by Boston was a piece of shit, Komisarek was blatently hauled down in open ice without the puc, and no ref calls a penalty, not 10 seconds later Boston scores. Shitty ending for a game when Montreal came back from 4-1 and 5-4.

I mean, if he was taken down, but Montreal got the puck and then gave it up, or something like that, then yeah it sucks, but that play didn't decide the game, but last night, He was taken out, and in the same play Boston scored. The referee's futility this year is mind boggling. Carbo was screaming at the refs after the play. On RDS you could hear him screaming, for a good 3 or 4 minutes, I'm suprised they didn't give him a penalty for abuse of officials like they did a few games ago where 2 tripping plays on Habs players wern't called, but a holding penalty(which was justified) was called on Montreal and Carbo clapped for the refs as they passed by.

I think that the Blackhawks have some good young defenders and a goalie that can be amazing when he wants. That right their should give the team a chance to win in most games. When Marty Havlat returns, I hope he picks it up where he left off and continues to be on the Highlight Reel every night.

I hate it when a game is decided on a play like that. I remember watching an Ottawa-Toronto game where Jason Spezza blatantly elbowed a Leaf in the head, it was a pretty good elbow and was impossible to miss, took a pass and then scored. I was screaming at the TV, my friends were screaming at the TV, I don't know how all the referees missed it, but they somehow did.

The Hawks are playing the Wild tonight, and while Minnesota is a tremendous team normally, they are without Gaborik and Demitra tonight. For the first time this season you could say the Hawks aren't necessarily the more depleted team on the ice for missing their top two forwards (Havlat and Handzus) and top defenseman (Aucoin). This should actually even up the odds. Hawks are also on a roll. I think they have a good chance tonight. But it's going to be a big fight for the two points. I'm definitely watching tonight. I still think Minnesota is the favourite, but it's as close to a coin toss as you can get in hockey.

I hate it when a game is decided on a play like that. I remember watching an Ottawa-Toronto game where Jason Spezza blatantly elbowed a Leaf in the head, it was a pretty good elbow and was impossible to miss, took a pass and then scored. I was screaming at the TV, my friends were screaming at the TV, I don't know how all the referees missed it, but they somehow did.

Hwaks 2-1 after first. But damn, I'm all out of beer. And I bought twelve for the night. I couldn't have drank all of them myself. My girlfriend says she didn't touch them, but I couldn't have drank them by myself. I wouldn't type like this if I did. Come out, you thief. Who was it?