2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ottawa's win against the red hot Sabres is big. They were even losing at one point, but the team that has had serious problems defending leads came back and took a win. It is good to see Ray Emery back in goal for the Senators, and I hope he gets a couple of starts in a row to help the Senators get out of the hole they have dug for themselves.

Ottawa should be one of the best teams in the league. If they can get over this extremely slow start, I think they have a great chance to go deep in the playoffs for once.

The Hawks are turning the ship around somewhat. Points from last four games, 2-0-2. Still, they should have beaten Phoenix. I wish they'd dress an enforcer. No point in having guys like Arkhipov and Salmelainen in the lineup.

The schedule hasn't been bad. But now there's a tough west coast trip. Khabibulin should make his return in the next game. Havlat is also skating. I hope he is back soon. Rene Bourque is out with an injury. A skate to the throat, ugh.

God Montreal pulled the same shit the did in Toronto the other night. A game we should have won easily and instead Jokinen gets a hat trick because we're not trying when we're not on the PP. And when we were on the powerplay, holy shit, I haven't seen Belfour play like that in years.

Nice win over the Ducks last night. Khabibulin made his return and played good. Refereeing was awful and totally favouring Anaheim. Chicago scored to tie the game at 2 when Ruutu gets called for interference (he barely touched Bryzgalov, and he was out of the crease) and the goal is disallowed. Anaheim scores on the powerplay to make it 3-1. Moments later, Ducks run over Khabibulin. Khabby gets called for a penalty. It was ridiculous. Luckily they tied it up and won in a shootout.

Along with Khabby, Tuomo Ruutu was the hero of the night, scoring the game-tying goal, the shootout winner and hitting lots. He only got third star - even the officials choosing best players were biased. Ducks' Penner (no points) got second star. Scott Niedermayer (0+3) got first.

The Bruins did a great job on Thursday staying out of the box, which I think was the main reason the Leafs lost. Aubin and Tim Thomas both played amazingly well, both teams had good defence. It was a close game, but Toronto just could not create enough offensive chances to win the game. Getting the single point was probably the just result.

New Jersey tonight. I am going to predict a 4-2 win for the Maple Leafs.

...no, I really, really won't. One, because he isn't going to get in. Two, because even if he does, he will not start. And three, why exactly do you want to mess up the game even a little? Is it because you're immensely retarded? Why yes! Yes it is!

Yes he will get in. If he gets enough votes he will be announced with the other players as starters voted in by fans. So how exactly am I messing up the game? The game is absolutely meaningless, it literally means nothing. The NHL asks the fans to vote for the starters of the game, and if they didn't want Rory Fitzpatrick they wouldn't have given us the option to vote for him. Please explain how this makes me retarded

...no, I really, really won't. One, because he isn't going to get in. Two, because even if he does, he will not start. And three, why exactly do you want to mess up the game even a little? Is it because you're immensely retarded? Why yes! Yes it is!

Yes he will get in. If he gets enough votes he will be announced with the other players as starters voted in by fans. So how exactly am I messing up the game? The game is absolutely meaningless, it literally means nothing. The NHL asks the fans to vote for the starters of the game, and if they didn't want Rory Fitzpatrick they wouldn't have given us the option to vote for him. Please explain how this makes me retarded

It means nothing yes but it is supposed to be an exciting weekend for the fans. Name one exciting thing Rory Fitzpatrick gas done.

Well, potentially, be an All-Star Game starter because of ballot stuffing.

Looking at the ballot now, I fully expect EWB to make Stajan an All-Star.

Edited by damshow

Why would they allow stuffing the ballots? Shouldn't be too hard to delete any redundant votes by the same IP.

But I suppose an online vote to decide all-stars is a bad idea in the first place. People are stupid. Never let them decide anything. That's why even the political system is fixed so that in practise there's only two presidential candidates (yes, I know there are actually hundreds, but who votes for those other guys?), who are both chosen by experts.

Just because Toronto has more fans than Anaheim doesn't make their players more deserving to be in the all-star game. People vote for their favourites, not for the most deserving players. With that thinking, Rory Fitzpatrick deserves to be there as much as anyone else.

Did they at least bring back the "minimum of one player for every team" rule?

Anyways, if their is any player deserving of ballot-stuffing, it's Darcy Tucker. League leader in powerplay goals so far, but does he get any respect? Nooooooooo.

Toronto wins against the Islanders. The Islanders came on strong in the third period, but Raycroft made enough saves and we had a good amount of offence to win. Rick Dipietro made what could be the save of the fucking year when he stuffed Jeff O'Neill twice on a break away. It was just wrong.