2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tucker to Wellwood again, in perfect Tucker to Wellwood fashion. Tucker can only score when his feet are planted. I loved his little garbage goal last night.... it's trickling across the line... and Tucker just finishes the job himself and gets the goal. Don't get me wrong, it was the smart thing to do, but still. Whatever, I'm not complaining. Wellwood and Mats do the work, Darcy stands in front of the next and takes the credit. If it works, it works. Naw, I'm joking, Tucker always works his ass off out there, even if he fans on every shot he takes while he's moving along the ice.

I wasn't too impressed with the Leafs last night outside of the first, luckily Atlanta was lacking any real killer instict and did nothing with the pressure they provided, besides a nice little kick pass from the linesman. Even as a Leafs fan, I laughed at Lubomir Visnovsky in the last minute acting as one man wrecking crew for the Thrasers. He smoked Kilger and Chad Kilger is a big boy.

Oh, and one more thing, you gotta love the lack of Nik Antropov. Mainly because Paul Maurice, or any Leaf fan for that matter, wants him nowhere near the ice on special teams.

Terrible game against Toronto, but Aubin's ineptitude to do his job late in the game stole a point for us. In Ottawa, good back and forth game for 45 minutes or so.

Second in the North East, not bad, Toronto is tied for points with us but have played 2 more games.

It was announced today that the NHL has signed a contract with Google. Google video will broadcast games on delay and there's also a selection of classic games for you to stream or download. Check it out. Sweet. I'm downloading the 1992 Cup Finals.

Guest Grapehead

Fun night, I predicted 7 of the 8 games correct tonight, including Carolina winning by 3(which was the only score I predicted). Was just chatting with a buddy, so it really means nothing, I was just pleased.

Just finished watching game one of the 92 finals. It's been just that, 14 years, since I saw it. What a great hockey game. You must see it.

Steve Larmer is my all-time favourite player.

Edited by lari

We drop three straight, and then we win three straight. If you look at it, we have gained a point for the last seven games played going back to the shootout loss to the Rangers.

I do like that Paul Maurice is not afraid to tinker with the lines in games we are losing. He put out the old Antropov/Sundin/Ponikarovsky line, and they did well. They got the empty netter, but more importantly created scoring chances and nearly dominated the Lightning defence against the boards.

I still don't know what to make of Florida this year. Last time we faced them Bertuzzi and Auld were the only bright lights for them in a game we dominated and yet almost lost. If Toronto can play smart and responsible in their own end like they did against Tampa, then it will be Toronto's game. If Florida forechecks hard and puts pressure on Ian White and Brenden Bell and create some turnovers, then it is their game to lose.

Florida is a fun team. Half of them still wear diapers and half of them walk with canes. The two goalies are getting into brawls in hotel lobbies. At this point it's only a matter of time until players from the farm team try and stab their way to a promotion.

When Nieuwe, Roberts, maybe Belfour and even Gelinas were breaking into the league, Weiss and Bouwmeester were in preschool, Nathan Horton was probably still being breastfed.

Speaking of Weiss, he's coming along real nicely so far this year. He probably won't break out HUGE this year, but I think he'll certainly start laying down the ground work for some productive seasons in the near future.

Florida is a fun team. Half of them still wear diapers and half of them walk with canes. The two goalies are getting into brawls in hotel lobbies. At this point it's only a matter of time until players from the farm team try and stab their way to a promotion.

Hawks on a seven game skid. Got to wonder when Trent Yawney gets the boot. Sure, top three players are out (and Ruutu only came back for the last two), but you can't just lose seven in a row. There's no excuse for that.

The team has a week off now, so I'm guessing something will happen. The firing of Yawney or a big trade. Rumour has it Dale Tallon is trading in Petr Prucha from the Rangers, and involved in it would be Cullimore and Seabrook from Chicago and also Kasparaitis on the Rangers side. I really like Seabrook, so I hope this won't happen. Prucha isn't worth it. Duncan Keith is someone I wouldn't mind getting traded away, if the deal involved a young top two line centerman.