2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

Fuck that bitch on the other board. He's an embarassment to the Habs. Latendresse is alright, he's got a ton to learn though. To be honest I only predict maybe 25-30 points out of him at most this season. To say he's amazing would put me in the same boat as those Stajan marks. Although Wellwood is where it's at.

I was suprised about the 'Hawks fan because I always read in the papers that they have depressingly low attendances(like 8,000 last night) and figured that there wern't very many of them.

Are the games blacked out in Chicago?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of guys from my alcove are from Calgary. I've never drank or yelled as much as a I did during the Leaf game tonight. When Mats got the hat trick and goal #500 I've never yelled myself so hoarse before.

Like I didn't realize how passionate I was about the Leafs until I was drunk with the guys.

Edited by Clawson

Fuck that bitch on the other board. He's an embarassment to the Habs. Latendresse is alright, he's got a ton to learn though. To be honest I only predict maybe 25-30 points out of him at most this season. To say he's amazing would put me in the same boat as those Stajan marks. Although Wellwood is where it's at.

I'm really liking the Wellwood/Sudin/Tucker combo. The Leafs have two primary weapons right now, the Sundin wrister from inside the circle or Wellwood to Tucker in front of the net. Both are working, Sundin sniped three from his spot last night and Tucker has at least 3 goals for Wellwood in his exact same position this season. If Tucker gets a goal, you can automatically assume it was on the PP, at the side of the wide open net, with the pass from Wellwood.

EDIT: the game winner was a slapper from the top of the circle, not a wrister from inside. I just saw the highlights for the first time about 10 minutes ago.

I'm also convinced that Tucker can only score in that postion, standing still at the side of the net, because last night he fanned at least two beauty passes, 2 on 0, coming down the left wing, that most likely would have beaten Kipper.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Mats Sundin got that milestone out of the way early. What a way to do it to, shorthanded to win the game in overtime. I remember hearing people before the season started saying "trade Sundin!" and that he was washed up. I wanted to punch those people in the face, but this is better. Watching Sundin play well and watching the team beat one of the better defensive teams in the league to boot.

sundins goal was honestly amazing. and welwood is playing amazing. who says the leafs can`t score now. a combined 11 goals on brodeur and kipper (arguably the 2 best in the leauge) in 2 games.

Guest Bigal's Second Potato

Sundin's goal was great, but I can't stand everyone making Tucker out to suddenly be the amazing #2 guy on the Leafs. He was a 3rd liner most of his career for a reason.

Sundin's goal was great, but I can't stand everyone making Tucker out to suddenly be the amazing #2 guy on the Leafs. He was a 3rd liner most of his career for a reason.

Edited by desiredtoe

You cannot judge a team on two games. I still think our scoring depth is woefully shallow - unless Stajan-O'Neill-Poof remain stay hot, we are a one line team. We have some people like Steen who should chip in, and our blueliners like Kaberle and McCabe should be producing. But we have only one true scoring line and rely to heavily on the powerplay to get the momentum and to score. I can't even say "at least the defence is good", because we are missing Kubina and Coliacovo. Seriously, we blew a three goal lead in Jersey and almost blew another big lead against a team that really has not shown much offensively.

Hawks up by two against the Avs after the first. Glad to see they've bounced back and are playing hard tonight. Now to keep it up. I'm also extremely pleased to see Dennis Arkhipov is a healthy scratch. Avs seem very undisciplined and Theodore isn't playing that well either.

An odd team Chicago has, to go out and beat a tough Nashville team twice, then drop games against both Blues and Blue Jackets, which I believe are both worse teams than the Hawks. And now again, playing well against Colorado.

Hawks up by two against the Avs after the first. Glad to see they've bounced back and are playing hard tonight. Now to keep it up. I'm also extremely pleased to see Dennis Arkhipov is a healthy scratch. Avs seem very undisciplined and Theodore isn't playing that well either.

An odd team Chicago has, to go out and beat a tough Nashville team twice, then drop games against both Blues and Blue Jackets, which I believe are both worse teams than the Hawks. And now again, playing well against Colorado.

My avs are doing miserable, beating us is no achievement...

and ending a sellout streak meant no one wanted to see chicago play.

so take the above post for what you will...

P.S. anyone want breeze-by? anyone? anyone at all?

Edited by Plubby

Downy = Out. Regher(sp?) was looking to hit someone and caught Downy with his head down. Gave him a concussion and Komisarek called Iginla a nigger, or at least that's what I could read from his lips when he was harassing him all 1st period.

5-4 Montreal in a real barn burner of a game. Chicago tonight, maybe keep the whole undefeated in regulation thing going.

You cannot judge a team on two games. I still think our scoring depth is woefully shallow - unless Stajan-O'Neill-Poof remain stay hot, we are a one line team. We have some people like Steen who should chip in, and our blueliners like Kaberle and McCabe should be producing. But we have only one true scoring line and rely to heavily on the powerplay to get the momentum and to score. I can't even say "at least the defence is good", because we are missing Kubina and Coliacovo. Seriously, we blew a three goal lead in Jersey and almost blew another big lead against a team that really has not shown much offensively.