2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Brendan Shanahan for notching goals number 599 and 600 tonight in an impressive 5-2 win by the New York Rangers.

God, it is just very weird to see Jagr with the C on his jersey, but he will lead this team, I can feel something positive out of him being captain for the Rangers.

He had a goal when the Captials pulled Ollie the Goalie, but instead he passed it over to Straka to give him the empty netter. And at the end of the game hugging Shanahan for his accomplishment.

Thank you captain Jagr.

How about those Hawks? 8-6 over Preds, the team everyone expects to win Central, and in Nashville. Martin Have-a-lot and Rene Bourque were awesome. And what a season opener - two fights, fourteen goals, unbelievable upset win. Gotta love it. Keith, Aucoin and even Lapointe were good too. Only guys that weren't very good were Hamilton, Salmelainen and Cullimore. Glam to see powerplay clicking again - 2/2. <3 Denis Savard.

I still expect them to miss the playoffs, but at least things are looking up from the last couple seasons. Now only if Khabibulin would stop sucking. Hawk lines:

Michael Holmqvist - Michal Handzus - Martin Havlat (The Triple H line)

Bryan Smolinski - Denis Arkhipov - Radim Vrbata

Rene Bourque - Patrick Sharp - Martin Lapointe

Reed Low - Jeff Hamilton - Tony Salmelainen

Jassen Cullimore - Adrian Aucoin

Duncan Keith - Jim Vandermeer

Lasse Kukkonen - Brent Seabrook

Nikolai Khabibulin

Brian Boucher

scratched: Adam Burish, Matt Keith

You can catch the Reed Low/Jordin Tootoo and Martin Lapointe/Scott Nichol scraps here.

Well I was at the game last night and it seemed as if Gerber let in a couple bad goals to begin and after that the Senators just didn't have any will to win it anymore. By the middle of the second period they looked really slow and I was almost crying in my seat.

That 6-0 win could be a huge thing early for the Leafs. Hopefully we can keep the energy and momentum up and carry that into Saturday against the Habs and Monday against the Panthers.

Oh, and Kyle Wellwood still wows Windsor women. Trust me.

Edited by desiredtoe

You know, I really do have to question what the guys at NHL.com are smoking sometimes. Brendan Shanahan, two goals, first star. Martin Havlat, two goals and two assists, third star. Kyle Wellwood, four assists, no star. Steven Reinprecht, five points, no star. Andrew Raycroft, 34 shots stopped, shut out, no star.

Shanahan gets the first star because not only did he score two crucial goals, but he also reached 600 for the career.

The Montreal/Buffalo game is satisfying on two levels for me. One, it was great to watch and really entertaining. Two, the game was high paced and went to overtime, so I think it is safe to assume that some of the Montreal players will be tired by tomorrow's game against the Leafs. And us in Leafland need all the advantages we can take.

I dunno if it got posted in this topic, but I just saw it and laughed my ass off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLV6NpXQXf8

If you're wondering, 73 is a prime number and has no integral square root.

Seriously, though, Belak is a genius.

.....stopping?

Edited by SeanDMan