2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. Giving away a player like Johnson who many feel will be a lot like Dion Phaneuf in his skills is going to hurt in the long run. I guess that the problem of blueline depth was consider to be very serious by management. Carolina did not like Tverdovsky last season, and they lost some of there depth guys in the off season. Losing Kaberle was the final straw, I would assume.

Well Boullion who is probably the second hardest working player on the team is out for an extra month(November) Souray had an injury scare earlier and I heard that Dandenault left a game early with an injury. Plus, Montreal has been getting bigger on Defense. Looking for some guys with good legs and bigger size to try to help out our smaller forwards.

What happened last night in Ottawa, I turn the radio on at the start of the third it's 5-3 Ottawa, Plecks playing between Kovalev and Samsanov seemed to work out well as he assisted both Kovalev and Samsanov on the tying and winning goals.

Guest Grapehead

Gerber should have a shutout, if not for the stupid penalty shot given to Sundin. Anyways, a good win for the Sens, got my first glimpse of Gerber in the uniform, glad to see Eaves have a good game as well. Preissing going down is very rough though, since Corvo is out at the same time, won't be long to get Corvo back though.

In other news Sens prospect Pierre-Luc Lessard scored a goal in the PEI Rocket's 4-3 shootout loss to the Halifax Mooseheads. Lessard looked very sharp on defense, breaking up a number of possible Halifax opportunities, and moved the puck quite well for most of the game. I don't think he'll be cracking their lineup though, unless he is just waiting to have a breakout season this year.

Edited by Grapehead

Well, we lost.

We had a bunch of opportunities, especially in the first five minutes, but could not convert. Our powerplay was awful except for once, but it still could not score. I don't think McCabe got more then one shot, and it didn't neven look like they were looking to McCabe that much. I think Jeff O'Neill, with the time given, did well. He created some chances and was physical. Raycroft was good, stopping 31.

Kubina: crosscheck to face, victim continues playing, 1 game suspension

Heatley: slash to foot, victim out 3 weeks, no warning

You obviously didn't see the Heatley incident, did you?

Oh right, it was an accident. Heatley didn't mean to injure Bell or hit him on the foot so clearly the reckless use of his stick should go unpunished. :ohwell: