2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The papers here are buzzing about Theodore's third period meltdown here. I'm suprised that Theo wasn't yanked by the 8th goal. I'm equally surpised that Carbo left Abby in nets despite giving up 3 goals in a little over a minute, then 2 more in the game. As fun to watch as the game was, giving up 5 goals when you before had a league leading 1.68 GAA is definately not a good night in nets.

So I'm watching the NYR/TOR match now (replays FTW) and even though I know they win, I have to cheer on NYR. I don't really dislike Toronto, just kinda Tucker (snide goal). But meh, after this Detroit and Edmonton, then NFL night :)

Basha and Plubby should come on msn. Especially plubby.

Edited by IAceI

Another disaster of a night for the Blackhawks, blowing a two goal lead and on top of that, reports say Handzus and Khabibulin are now injured. Could it get any worse? Most of the team is basically rookies and AHLers, yet the only guys getting hurt are those who can actually play. A mediocre team like the Blackhawks cannot survive with Havlat, Handzus, Ruutu and Khabibulin on the IR.

Injuries aside, this team has to learn how to hold a lead. They've lead 7 of their 8 games by two goals, yet are only 4-4-0. Of course there's a lot of young guys who panic easy, but Trent Yawney has to take some of the blame, too. It was 2-0 when the Blues take a time out and work things over. I don't know if Yawney did anything, but his team sucked after that moment. And the Dallas game was even worse - Stars score just seconds after Chicago timeout. Either the players aren't good enough to follow a plan or they're just ignoring him. Which wouldn't surprise me considering Yawney's earlier outbursts in the media, critisizing the team.

EDIT: Handzus is out for the season. Worst weekend in the history of the franchise?

Edited by lari

The last Canucks game was absolutely awful. It's incredible to think that in the New NHL, with all the high tech and the money flowing in like crazy, that teams can still lose games because of bad ice.

Guest Grapehead

So am I the only person who thinks kilger (I think) should have gotten at least 5 minutes and should also receive a suspension for hitting schubert in the nether regions like that?

Hawks lose 5-0. Worst game of the season, but I think we'll see more of that in the coming weeks. I don't think this team is going to win any games. Vrbata is the only scoring threat. Salmelainen, Arkhipov and Hamilton are worthless. Just scratch them and play a full team of grinders and go for 0-0 every night. Oh wait, you need goaltending for that. Nevermind.

I must say I'm a mix of surprised and not so much surprised of the play of Pittsburgh. Going into the season, not having ever seen Malkin acctually play, I had questioned not whether he would play well, rather if he would click with Sid. I think the answer there is uhhhh....yut. I mean it seems every night I see the Pen's highlight Cros is at least putting up 2-3 points. Also every Pens game I've actually watched a decent amount of this year, Jordan Staal has played real well. I'm just thinking, 'what if he was playing with Eric?' DIRTY.

Anywho onto my Rangers, who had a brutal loss last night. Or so at least Michaletti and Rosen said, I only caught the last 6 minutes. They keep making plays that keep costing them goals and in the longrun games. Hank is letting in over 3 and a half a game, definetly not good. They should definetly be better then 4-5. I think they really gotta get it turned around because if they go too much longer losing it could cost them down the road.

I must say I'm a mix of surprised and not so much surprised of the play of Pittsburgh. Going into the season, not having ever seen Malkin acctually play, I had questioned not whether he would play well, rather if he would click with Sid. I think the answer there is uhhhh....yut. I mean it seems every night I see the Pen's highlight Cros is at least putting up 2-3 points. Also every Pens game I've actually watched a decent amount of this year, Jordan Staal has played real well. I'm just thinking, 'what if he was playing with Eric?' DIRTY.

Anywho onto my Rangers, who had a brutal loss last night. Or so at least Michaletti and Rosen said, I only caught the last 6 minutes. They keep making plays that keep costing them goals and in the longrun games. Hank is letting in over 3 and a half a game, definetly not good. They should definetly be better then 4-5. I think they really gotta get it turned around because if they go too much longer losing it could cost them down the road.

Yea this 5 game roadie to the west coast should prove to be a good one. When I saw it the other night I thought to myself this is where they need to turn their season around. If they go out there and take 4 games it would do wonders for the whole team I think. I'm hoping I get to catch every game, especially this Phoenix one, we should shilack 'em.

Yeah, well its going to be tough, we should easily take Gretzky land, and LA but I am worried about the Ducks Sharks. Then we are back home with the now 10-0 Buffalo Sabres.

Sharks I think if we can contain there speed we can beat them easily.. Ducks you just got to pound the puck on goal. I just hope Jagr gets his scoring touch, and now.

Guest Grapehead

Another pounding of the Leafs, three straight games decided by 4 or more goals, looks like Ottawa may have their scoring touch back. Let's just hope this lasts, instead of just being a hot streak and going back to not being able to score.

Hopefully the Sens offense wakes up; I need to see one Ontario team dominant this year. Plus, this way, at least these past couple of games will have been good for something.

Good god, Belak has looked horrible this year. I don't understand why Maurice insists on playing him on defence. Him just being on the ice on the blueline this year has been almost a magnet for the other teams to score. He's, I believe, +2 as a forward, and a -4 as a defenceman. Please, end this. I fully expect him to be waived in the next few days.