2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

Guest Grapehead

Hopefully the Sens offense wakes up; I need to see one Ontario team dominant this year. Plus, this way, at least these past couple of games will have been good for something.

Good god, Belak has looked horrible this year. I don't understand why Maurice insists on playing him on defence. Him just being on the ice on the blueline this year has been almost a magnet for the other teams to score. He's, I believe, +2 as a forward, and a -4 as a defenceman. Please, end this. I fully expect him to be waived in the next few days.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know your defense sucks when you say that "after Marek Malik it looks really thin".

You know your defense sucks when you say that "after Marek Malik it looks really thin".

Who said this now?

I'm really upset with this whole Montreal/Boston reffing business, the parts I saw were bad enough, but then I heard one ref also blew the play down for a Montreal penalty when Boston had the puck?

Another thing, why were the announcers all over the ref for disallowing Marleau's goal in the SJ game? Marleau was lucky to not get a penalty, running the goalie like that.

Guest Grapehead

Poor Lehtonen, picks up a loss because Hartley was stupid, I'd like to know WHY he switched goalies.

Also, from what I saw, I didn't see Marleau make much of an attempt, nor did I see Vokoun really jump into his skating lane. Yeah, Marleau went hard, but I'm getting a little sick of the inconsistant goalie interference calls. I just want to know what the refs exactly think is acceptable, cause I've seen goalies come charging out to the top of the faceoff circle to clear the puck and totally run into a guy on purpose, and the guy gets a penalty, but then a guy comes crashing the crease and knows his going to hit the goalie, whether he 'tries' to dodge or not, you know the goalie will go down, and it's perfectly acceptable? Make something strict, linear, and something that makes sense. I've seen Hasek go behind the net to play the puck and get called for interference, even though someone ran into him. Nothing makes any sense when it comes to how the refs deal with skaters hitting goalies. Either the goalie is fair game once he leaves his crease, or you call a penalty everytime someone crashes him.

Poor Toronto. We all thought we were a decent team and then BAM! Ottawa finally wakes up this season and unloads for 13 goals in 2 games. That was brutal. And I can't even say Raycroft was awful. He did let in a stinker or two, but our defense was awful. Too many times were players like Mike Fisher or Dany Heatley allowed to walk straight into the slot and stay there without anyone challenging them. I think we are really feeling the loss of Kubina and Wozniewski on the blueline.

We need to win against Montreal. We have three straight losses. We cannot let that go to four. Hopefully we can win against Montreal, build momentum, and finally win two in a row.

Derek Boogaard is a monster. Todd Fedoruk was rushed to hospital after his face caved in. You can see the clip if you go to www.hockeyfights.com/videos/

Boogaard has been dropping guys in a fashion I haven't seen since Troy Crowder or Tony Twist. And he is every bit as intimidating: Ducks' O'Brien had to step up to a teammate getting checked by Boogaard earlier in the game, but after the gloves were off wanted no piece of him and his legs turned to pudding. Later, I suppose Fedoruk felt it was his duty to take on the Boogeyman, but got TKO'd in doing so.

Might also want to check out the beating Boogaard laid on Raitis Ivanans three nights ago.

Wow. This fuckin' guy just knocked Fedoruk THE FUCK OUT! [/smokey impression] I've never even heard of this guy, but from those three videos you can definetly tell this guy knows how to tilt. I can honestly say I'll keep an extra eye on Minny because of him.

LONG LIVE THE BOOGEYMAN!

Oh yea and O'brein going after him.... :lmao:

I'm disappointed in myself. Atlantas my other favorite team and I didn't realize till the other night when they went into the shootout w/ Philly just how well they were doing. Yea the seasons young but they just gotta hold on now. Glad to see Hossa doing well finally.

Hats off to Buffalo, great run. It was a pretty good game toinght I caught the second half. Kozlov just can't be stopped on the shootout! Too bad they don't count those goals because he's already doing wonders for my fantasy team.

Yay, Atlanta beat Buffalo, that makes me pleased because I hate Buffalo (grr) and I like the Thrashers, because I'm going to go see them when they host the Lightning when I go to America at Christmas - so heres to hoping there still looking good in two months.

Sucks that we lost to the Leafs, they really wanted and needed that win though - with their three match losing streak and all, and even though it's not much consolation in any loss, and even less to a big rival, we still take a point from it. Vital we get points when we can considering all the teams just behind us, couple of losses and we're out of the play off picture quickly. We do have games in hand though, so we can use them to keep our push.

What about the Wild as well? Top of the West, sort of slipping under the radar there.

Yay, Atlanta beat Buffalo, that makes me pleased because I hate Buffalo (grr) and I like the Thrashers, because I'm going to go see them when they host the Lightning when I go to America at Christmas - so heres to hoping there still looking good in two months.

Sucks that we lost to the Leafs, they really wanted and needed that win though - with their three match losing streak and all, and even though it's not much consolation in any loss, and even less to a big rival, we still take a point from it. Vital we get points when we can considering all the teams just behind us, couple of losses and we're out of the play off picture quickly. We do have games in hand though, so we can use them to keep our push.

What about the Wild as well? Top of the West, sort of slipping under the radar there.

I want there to be a fight so I can record it on my sexy mobile phone, then I'll use it's sexy capabilities to show you all. :P

Also I'll send you a picture of me in a Kovalchuk/Hossa jersey when I can, since you like them so much - and the added bonus of me being in the picture would be too good to refuse :P

Sweet!

Our first time all season winning two straight, a good performance from the defence and solid goaltending from Raycroft (the second Atlanta goal was weak), and now we have two road games back to back in Florida.

I want to see Toronto win both games, but a split would still be good.