2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

Funny I thought Dan Boyle played better than Kubina in the playoffs for Tampa when they won the cup. Silly me for thinking that. :shifty:

Plus we all know Clawson is the biggest fanboy in this thread.

Anyways another loss for Ottawa another reason for the city of Ottawa to jump off the wagon. I blame these losses on cockyness. The team takes a early lead then they think they can slack off and coast to the end of the game.

On the plus side though Ovechkin got me two goals tonight for my fantasy team. ^_^

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful officiating in the Dallas/Vancouver game. Brutal stuff. Edmonton Oilers get shafted worse, but still.

Theres debate on what to do with Luc Bourdon. If he plays next game, we have to pay him. Personally, I'd send him back; Alex Edler is a better player right now and Salo and Mitchell will be back in a few games anyway. Plus, if we have any more injury trouble, we have Columbo!

I'm pretty sure I'm a bigger fanboy then Clawson.

Andrew Raycroft and the penalty killers did an amazing job tonight to prevent the Flyers from stealing a game from the Leafs. Toronto played great in the first period but did not get any bounces in their favour, with only one goal to show for the effort. Philly tied it in the second, but could not keep the momentum and take the lead. In the third period, the Leafs did something Philly did not - take advantage of the powerplay. Antropov got the goal and then Raycroft stopped the rest of Philly's chances to give my team the two points.

Guest Grapehead

Arg, Emery needs to get the number spot in Ottawa, I don't care, Gerber has been nothing short of inconsistant, where Emery has been giving Ottawa the chance to win all the games he's played so far as I can tell. I don't see how Emery isn't getting more starts either, compare stats, Emery is showing something, Gerber is just showing he was a waste. Ottawa should've given the confidence to Emery from the start, there was no need to sign a new goalie, develope one from within.

Arg, Emery needs to get the number spot in Ottawa, I don't care, Gerber has been nothing short of inconsistant, where Emery has been giving Ottawa the chance to win all the games he's played so far as I can tell. I don't see how Emery isn't getting more starts either, compare stats, Emery is showing something, Gerber is just showing he was a waste. Ottawa should've given the confidence to Emery from the start, there was no need to sign a new goalie, develope one from within.

I always though Emery should start as the number one goaltender after he did well last season following the injury to Hasek. I remember all the talk from the team about they couldn't afford to keep Chara and Redden, but how much did they shell out for Gerber?

Oh, and I went to the Maple Leafs forums last night, and they had a link to a thread on the Sabres forums after they lost to Toronto. Those are fanboys.

Edited by desiredtoe

Habs-Edmonton game was intense. Edmonton dominated the second half of the first period(which is becomming a habit of Montreal) and Abby made some big saves to keep us in the game. The knee on knee hit on Johnson was scary as hell, and it was funny to watch Greene try to get away from Souray. Latendresse with his first NHL point along with 6 hits and a +1 rating. Not a bad game, but in his last 13 games he's a -6 with no points, but the french media will cream themselves over it nonetheless.

Kovalev miracles the puck into the net to win the shootout. All in all a great game, and damn Sykora sure had a wickid shot on Edmonton's second goal.

Apparently Sundin has injured himself and will miss 3-4 weeks.

Meanwhile, Martin Havlat's 3-4 weeks has turned into 5-6 weeks and "when he gets back, he won't be the same player he was earlier in the season". The injury might nag him for quite some while.

We lose Sundin for 3 to 4 weeks.

I am not too worried. Sundin always misses a short period of time during the season it seems, so might as well get it out of the way. Sure, he was doing well, but so was the rest of the team. With Kubina back, our defence looks better. Toronto just needs to play smart and outplay their opponents. Sundin may miss 9 or 10 games, but if the Leafs suddenly drop out of contention and lose every game, then we did not deserve to be in contention in the first place.

I expect Wellwood to center the top line with Ponikarovsky and Antropov flank him, and then have the rest of the line-up remain mostly unchanged. With Sundin out, Toronto needs to score on the powerplay. With our PK and defence looking good right now, we should be able to get some wins from our powerplay.

Guest Grapehead

This is ridiculous, I'm very angry right now, something has to be changed. START EMERY! For god sakes, how many straight loses are they giving Gerber before Emery gets a chance? I'm beyond frustrated with my team, they get 3 good wins, the rest of the time they either can't score, or can't hold a lead. If you ignore Gerbers contract, and factor in that Muckler was planning to deal Havlat, how was it so impossible to resign both Chara and Redden? Chara's contract didn't go up more than Gerber+Havlat's contracts. If they had've given Emery the vote of confidence at the start of the season, he'd be playing really well right now, and especially in keeping Chara our defense would still be top notch. They were too interested in getting puck moving, offensive defenseman, but nobody is all that great at defending the net. Gerber is sloppy, and full of holes, not worth his contract at all. I'm PISSED. There's just so many things wrong, and something needs to be fixed. If Muckler lasts the rest of the year, I might have to turn in my Sens hat.

Emery Listed Day To Day

And holy crap, again? Ottawa was up 3-1 and then 4-2, and could not hold on to beat the Thrashers. If they cannot break out of this slump soon, then something has to give. I don't know how a team with that much talent and depth can play so awful. And in this case, despite not seeing the game (just the highlights), you cannot blame the goalie unless he did something atrocious. Your defence didn't step up.

The time to do something is now for the Sens. Get a new player, new coaching strategy, something. Right now the situation is fixable, there is plenty of time to reverse this and finish at the top of the standings as expected. But if this play goes on and on, it could lead to missing the playoffs.

Toronto is playing really well right now. 6-4 win over the Bruins continues our little winning streak to 3. Raycroft was playing great before leaving the game hurt, but Aubin stopped just enough to keep the lead and give the Leafs another 2 points.