2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that Montreal should stop sucking against a team like Chicago, grated Khabibulin played an all-star game, Montreal should have done much better in the third period, and Niinimaa best wear his sunday best today because he's probably going to get buried by the media here for that bad giveaway which resulted in the game winning goal.

Abeschier claimed responsibility for the defeat, but in the end it was 40-45 minutes of good hockey between two teams and in reality Montreal *should* have had the upperhand all night which they didn't/

Carbo says that he's changing up the Samsanov-Pleckanec-Kovalev line as they've been a minus in every game this season. Perezhogen will probably come up for the spot.

Koivu is still doing great with the faceoffs and Ryder or Koivu to Higgins is doing pretty good this season.

Havlat using most of our team as pylons and then sneaking it through Abby in what should have been a save, well like most of the world is saying, I'll bet those Sens wish they still had him.

Colorado on Saturday Abby vs Theo(maybe, I think Budaj will get the start) Looks like the Habs dumped Theo at the right time and Abeschier, despite the loss hasn't given up more than 2 goals in a game yet IIRC.

Currently tied with Toronto for 2nd in the Northeast, 4 behind Buffalo but a game at hand on those fucking Leafs.

To be honest, I'm more excited for the next Habs-Sens game than I am the Habs-Leafs.

Edited by Basha

I personally think that Montreal should stop sucking against a team like Chicago, grated Khabibulin played an all-star game, Montreal should have done much better in the third period, and Niinimaa best wear his sunday best today because he's probably going to get buried by the media here for that bad giveaway which resulted in the game winning goal.

Abeschier claimed responsibility for the defeat, but in the end it was 40-45 minutes of good hockey between two teams and in reality Montreal *should* have had the upperhand all night which they didn't/

Carbo says that he's changing up the Samsanov-Pleckanec-Kovalev line as they've been a minus in every game this season. Perezhogen will probably come up for the spot.

Koivu is still doing great with the faceoffs and Ryder or Koivu to Higgins is doing pretty good this season.

Havlat using most of our team as pylons and then sneaking it through Abby in what should have been a save, well like most of the world is saying, I'll bet those Sens wish they still had him.

Colorado on Saturday Abby vs Theo(maybe, I think Budaj will get the start) Looks like the Habs dumped Theo at the right time and Abeschier, despite the loss hasn't given up more than 2 goals in a game yet IIRC.

Currently tied with Toronto for 2nd in the Northeast, 4 behind Buffalo but a game at hand on those fucking Leafs.

To be honest, I'm more excited for the next Habs-Sens game than I am the Habs-Leafs.

He is an great shape this season, so even if he does get injured, it's not because of that. Anyone can get injured in a freak accident, so that's a chance everyone who plays has to take, not just Havlat.

As for Theodore, he certainly didn't look good against the Hawks.

And Habs fans, don't be too upset. You're the only team so far that has been able to keep Havlat from scoring multiple points.

I liked him and sure he is playing good... but I wouldn't want him back. He is injury prone and makes way too much money.

Hawks have a real tough game tonight against the Stars. I can't see them winning this one. Hawks do real well with teams that rely on skill and speed, but as soon as a team starts taking the body, they are in trouble. The Stars have some of the best skilled grinders in the league.

Boucher is starting and I agree with that choice. There's a game against the Blues tomorrow and it's more important to save Khabby for that one instead of getting him shelled tonight.

I'm happy with 2 points from these back-to-back game nights.

How I hate the Blues... I hope Tkachuk gets his face busted in.

You can call me a dumbass now. Havlat just got injured.

I am seriously pissed off right now. Hawks were up 3-1 with 6 minutes to go, everything was good, but they end up losing 4-5 and lose Havlat to an injury.

How the fuck can this even happen?! Boucher was awful in the end and it was just a total collapse from the team. What fucking bullshit. I am going to go shoot people now.

Toronto for the two.

Good game by the Leafs on the defensive side for the majority of the game. Except for one huge mistake that left Malhotra open right in the crease, the Leafs blueline looked great with McCabe and Kaberle split up. Now they can be aggresive offensively while whoever is paired with them can be more defensive in case of a rush by the other team.

McCabe got the monkey off his back, scoring the opening goal for us. Wellwood and Tucker continued to show great chemistry, Peca got his first as a Leaf, and the 4th line continues to give us some production. After losing really badly to the Avalanche, it was good to see the team come out looking strong. We took some penalties, but made the Colombus powerplay (which was ranked highly coming into the game) look poor.

The Rangers are tomorrow, which will be a tough test. Peca shutting down Jagr has to happen, but the scoring depth that now exists on the team makes it extremely hard to shut them down. Hopefully Toronto can score early, put pressure on the Rangers to score and play as well defensively as they did tonight.

Jesus, Toronto's playing a ton of games at the start of the season. You've played two more games than the Habs, but thankfully you're only 2 points ahead of the Habs.

To be honest I'm suprised with the play of the Leafs. I would have expected them to be maybe 3-5 right now or 3-4-1 but to their credit, Raycroft has had the help of a well playing Toronto defence. To be honest, I feel that if McCabe or Kaberle get injured it will expose some bigger holes in Raycroft. Also Sundin is playing as he usually does which is great especially since he's what 35? But if he plays 82 games he'll be good for 70-85 points and 25-30 goals.

Jesus, Toronto's playing a ton of games at the start of the season. You've played two more games than the Habs, but thankfully you're only 2 points ahead of the Habs.

To be honest I'm suprised with the play of the Leafs. I would have expected them to be maybe 3-5 right now or 3-4-1 but to their credit, Raycroft has had the help of a well playing Toronto defence. To be honest, I feel that if McCabe or Kaberle get injured it will expose some bigger holes in Raycroft. Also Sundin is playing as he usually does which is great especially since he's what 35? But if he plays 82 games he'll be good for 70-85 points and 25-30 goals.

Edited by desiredtoe

You can call me a dumbass now. Havlat just got injured.

I am seriously pissed off right now. Hawks were up 3-1 with 6 minutes to go, everything was good, but they end up losing 4-5 and lose Havlat to an injury.

How the fuck can this even happen?! Boucher was awful in the end and it was just a total collapse from the team. What fucking bullshit. I am going to go shoot people now.

Havlat is out for 2-3 weeks only, so looks like I don't need to slit my wrists after all. He's coming back around the same time Tuomo Ruutu does. Of course Ruutu will again go down with an injury very fast, but at least there's a chance he can get a game together with Havlat.

Hawks up 2-1 against the Blues after first. Yawney finally scratched Jassen Cullimore after being awful in every game so far in the season. Brandon Bochenski and Danny Richmond got called up from the Admirals and are playing in the first line and pairing, respectively, immediately.

Vrbata - Handzus - Bochenski

Salmelainen - Smolinski - Hamilton

Bourque - Sharp - Lapointe

Low - Holmqvist - Burish

Richmond - Aucoin

Duncan Keith - Vandermeer

Kukkonen - Seabrook

Khabibulin

(Boucher)

Scratched: Cullimore, Matt Keith, Arkhipov

IR: Havlat, Ruutu, Barker, Lalime

What a shooting gallery in Montreal tonight. Montreal gets the win 8-5, and the crowd was own Theodore's back all night long. Souray is having a great start to the season with 2 goals and 2 assists tonight. He's really starting to play well compared to his blunderous 2005/2006 campaign. He had a bunch of points in Calgary and 4 more tonight so hopefully he continues this pace. Although the Avs scored 5 goals on Abeschier I really think this night was good for the Montreal offence as the Samsanov, Kovalev, Pleckanec line had been struggling.

In the dying moments of that game the roof would have blown off the Bell Center had Latendresse scored on his chance.

The Habs PK defence played a really good collapsing game against the Colorado PP unit.