2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minnesota might actually be a contender. Of course it's only based on the one game I saw, and the fact that they are 10-2-0.

Nashville leads Central but they certainly didn't look like contenders losing to the Hawks twice. Especially Vokoun was brutal.

Guest Grapehead

I dunno about the NHL tonight, but there was a crazy good game in the QMJHL tongiht. I went out to see the PEI Rocket host the Halifax Mooseheads. Halifax opened the scoring with 9 seconds left in the first, jamming the puck past Mior's pad against the post. PEI outshot Halifax 11-7 in the first, and 16-9 in the second, but Halifax managed to score 2 goals to increase their lead to 3-0. Mior was pulled for LaFleur, Kennedy for Halifax had a ton of saves but didn't look very tested, he seemed to have magical luck with the puck just bouncing off the goal line and into his pads. The third opened with Halifax getting a delay of game penalty before the faceoff, but PEI did nothing with it, and Halifax ended up with a short handed goal about 3 minutes into the frame. PEI continued to outshoot Halifax though, and it was really depressing to see PEI shoot so much and just not convert. Then with about 11 minutes left, Kennedy bobbles the puck a little, I didn't really see the play, but it looked as though he was covering the puck and then the goal light went on and the place erupted. The goal was reviewed but it stood, so the Rocket made it 4-1. About 50 seconds later, Latal for the Rocket springs in on a fast break, zipping past the defenders and squeezing the puck into the net. The crowd is electric, everyone is chanting, cheering, and going absolutely crazy, the Rocket have made a game of this one. A minute and a half later a rebound slides over to rookie Chris Doyle(playing his first QMJHL game after an injury I believe) and he nets his first goal. The Rocket have about 8 minutes to even this thing up, and Halifax isn't doing themselves any favours, failing to convert a shot on goal since the Rocket scored their first goal and taking about 3 bad penalties. However, Halifax manages to hold on with a lot of desperation, a lot of diving at the puck and laying on it in the corner. The crowd gave the Rocket a great applause for their last minute efforts, as they played hard the whole game but had a terrible run of luck through the first 50 minutes.

Edited by Grapehead

I heard Belfour, Auld and a couple other guys were joking around in the hotel lobby and Auld fell and slipped after he spilled his water. Is this a wrong report, or no one else heard this? This Rangers/Blackhawks deal is brutal. I'd rather keep a struggling Malik/Kasper and try to get them to play better then have to deal prucha and one of them to pick up Cullimore who's a salary hit for them and seabrook. Seabrook is good, but this trade is not worthy.

And total sidenote, and I'm only wondering because it hit me out of the blue, but has anyone else heard the supposed "real" reason why Pronger got out of Edmonton? I'm just not sure as to if it's very well known or not...

Salary-wise, the deal would actually help the Rangers. And Seabrook is the real deal. That's why I don't want to see him moved. He is the kind of defenseman you can build a franchise on. Hawks have plenty of young defensemen and they need offense, but Seabrook is worth more than Prucha. Duncan Keith for Kyle Calder would have been a good deal and I was surprised nothing happened when the Hawks were in Philadelphia this week.

Toronto beats Buffalo, handing the Sabres their first loss in regulation all year.

Toronto was great. Barely any mistakes by the defence, good penalty killing and some good play along the boards gave us the opportunity to take the game. Buffalo looked outmatched, which is strange considering how they have started this year and the way they played last season.

Toronto looks like a streaky team. The Leafs can beat the best when they are on their game and doing what Paul Maurice wants from them. I think as the season goes on and Maurice continues to teach everyone the new systems and puts his stamp on the team, the Leafs will stop having those horrible games like they did against Florida and be more competitive on those off nights. I don't expect Toronto to be one of the best teams in the league this year, but we have shown flashes of being that talented.

Ottawa continues to stink at home. They really need to do something. They can't play this inconsistant all year, can they?

The real reason Chris Pronger left Edmonton is because his wife is a whore and was sleeping with people left and right.

Also, if you believe that Alex Auld and Belfour were joking around and that Auld slipped, you probably believe that Bret screwed Bret as well.

Toronto beats Buffalo, handing the Sabres their first loss in regulation all year.

Toronto was great. Barely any mistakes by the defence, good penalty killing and some good play along the boards gave us the opportunity to take the game. Buffalo looked outmatched, which is strange considering how they have started this year and the way they played last season.

Toronto looks like a streaky team. The Leafs can beat the best when they are on their game and doing what Paul Maurice wants from them. I think as the season goes on and Maurice continues to teach everyone the new systems and puts his stamp on the team, the Leafs will stop having those horrible games like they did against Florida and be more competitive on those off nights. I don't expect Toronto to be one of the best teams in the league this year, but we have shown flashes of being that talented.

Ottawa continues to stink at home. They really need to do something. They can't play this inconsistant all year, can they?

Montreal played a good game tonight. The game was a fantastic one to watch, and as upsetting as it is that they lost, it really came down to the way the puck bounced, I mean if Brodeur wasn't so lucky on some of the chances Montreal had, it could have been 5 or 6 to 2. Then again, the same could be said the other way around.

Higgins plays another good game, and shit was the Montreal defence, along with Begin agressive. I also was unaware that Markov had some stickhandling skills.

So I take it that now Toronto has beaten Buffalo and has the honour of being the first team to take them down in regulation, the city officials are already planning the parade route?

Montreal played a good game tonight. The game was a fantastic one to watch, and as upsetting as it is that they lost, it really came down to the way the puck bounced, I mean if Brodeur wasn't so lucky on some of the chances Montreal had, it could have been 5 or 6 to 2. Then again, the same could be said the other way around.

Higgins plays another good game, and shit was the Montreal defence, along with Begin agressive. I also was unaware that Markov had some stickhandling skills.

So I take it that now Toronto has beaten Buffalo and has the honour of being the first team to take them down in regulation, the city officials are already planning the parade route?

This Auld/Belfour situation (or Old Belfour, if you will) seems very similar to the situation with Mark Fish at the end of last season. The official line Charlton put out was that he fell over while playing with his kid, fell through a glass coffee table and did some serious damage to himself, when in fact he was pissed out of his brain and fell through the situation. Hence, Belfour views Auld as being a young whippersnapper who needs to learn his place and Auld wants Belfour to fuck off back to the nursing home before he misses bingo night.

Guest Grapehead

Ottawa won three straight, looking like things would be better for them, and then lost three. The three we lost, Redden has been out of the lineup, and I directly relate it to that, he's our key defenseman, and you can't really put a price on the value of Redden.

Ottawa won three straight, looking like things would be better for them, and then lost three. The three we lost, Redden has been out of the lineup, and I directly relate it to that, he's our key defenseman, and you can't really put a price on the value of Redden.

Guest Grapehead

Just like how the Leafs missing Kubina is the only reason they have lost a single game in regulation?

Well it has been almost the same record almost with the missing piece. There is no denying that adding Kubina when he comes back from injury will make the team alot better.

...Oh and Kubina has been the number one defensemen on a Stanley Cup team. Still waiting Mr. Redden.

Edited by Clawson