2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I wish Rayzor went out and played like that every night. With the Leafs in dire need of a long streak of consistency we'll be seeing a lot of Raycroft in net and he needs to play up to the caliber of his showing last night. I want nothing more than for Raycroft to put the stamp on Pittsburgh and the Sid the Kid show on Saturday.

As much as I admired the heart of the call ups, it was nice to see some familiar faces back last night. Wait, I'm actually very happy Ondrus was sent back down. Honestly, he made me long for the return of Nik Antropov. Tucker could be ready for Saturday too. I'm digging Devereaux, but the lack of Darcy Tucker has been hurting the Leafs.

Also, you got to love the karma of the puck deflecting into Vinny's face shortly after his accidental high stick on McCabe. Not funny, both could have resulted in serious injuries. I just think in some fucked up, cruel way that it was fitting because Vinny's high stick, accidental or not, could have easily drawn a four minute penalty. I'm sure McCabe wasn't exactly sorry to see it happen.

He's going to need to be sharp for the next few weeks, because unless something drastic happens, we probably won't see Aubin until Feb 6th when they play St. Louis.

January has been quite a chore and despite stops in Ottawa, Nashville, Montreal, and hosting the Sabres, I think with a healthy roster, February should be a productive month. A double dose of Islanders and Philly, St. Louis (I'm not convinced this sudden surge means anything) and Boston. Raycroft should be able to get some much needed rest.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

If it's actually spelled Rayzor or Razor, I don't know. I'm note sure if they media bills him by the nickname, I'm sure do sometimes, it just passes right through my ears if they do. All I know is that teammates call him Ra(y)zor sometimes, so I just picked up on it. The first I heard was Nik Antropov refer to him by the name after one of his first wins in net.

EDIT: Awkwardly worded sentence... bah.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Speaking of ugly, a friend of mine asked me about Tuuka Rask the other day.

Did he get hit in the face with a truck, or has he always been that ugly?

Who cares about Rob Ray, Andrew Ray, or Ray EmeRay. They all want to fight over a lame nickname? Fine. None of them will ever be May Day.