2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the Hawks actually came back from behind to win a game last night.

When the Hawks went up 2-0, I was just waiting for the collapse, and sure enough the game was tied in no time and they fell behind just a few minutes before the buzzer. But with two totally surprising goals by Arkhipov, Hawks win. Now why can't he play with this same pair of balls every game?

Well, no, not exactly. At the start of the year, the Canucks were a really good team, regularily outshooting opponents and outchancing them as well. There was a period where the Canucks slipped into a funk where they got chances and outplayed teams but couldn't close, and in their losses the opposition goalie was the first or second star something like 80% of their games.

Then they hit a point where every defensemen on the roster was hurt, and that's when Luongo started to steal games. That's also, though, when the offense started to click, and we started to get more then a half a goal average a game. We had torn the league a new asshole going into the all-star break, and while Luongo was definitely a key part of that, it was a good team game more then anything. Hell, we took the Buffalo Sabres, the best team in the NHL, to overtime with Sabu in net, so it wasn't just Luongo.

But that game against the Sharks, he was fucking fantastic. He had very little support and managed to single handedly steal a win. It's obvious watching the Canucks that Naslund and Morrison are both playin when they should be healing, but there's nothing left for the Canucks at forward depth. If I were them, I'd put Naslund and Morrison on the IR for... say, ten games, just to get their salaries off the books for those games. That would let them rest up and heal while freeing up some room for a deadline move. If Luongo plays like he did against the Sharks, they'll still be sniffing around for a playoff shot when the deadline comes around.

Conroy Back In Calgary

I wonder if this move will help out Iggy and the offence when he comes back. Craig Conroy was really good during the Stanley Cup finals playoff run. But this year, Conroy has not been very good. At least it gives them depth up front, with two good two way centres in Conroy and Daymond Langkow.

Montreal beats Ottawa 3-1 in a convincing fashion. Abby played 59:08 of shutout hockey, the goal by the Sens was so flukey. A shot from the point, a floater, hits some bodies along the way and Abeschier never even realizes it went in. Streit and Pleckanec both get partial breaks for their goals, one of them a shorthanded goal and after Spezza goes end to end and through Souray, much in the same way as last season Abby absolutely robs him. Another nice save was on Heatley on the one timer he had early in the game. Montreal looks like they're trying to put things back together now having won 3 of 4.

Montreal beats Ottawa 3-1 in a convincing fashion. Abby played 59:08 of shutout hockey, the goal by the Sens was so flukey. A shot from the point, a floater, hits some bodies along the way and Abeschier never even realizes it went in. Streit and Pleckanec both get partial breaks for their goals, one of them a shorthanded goal and after Spezza goes end to end and through Souray, much in the same way as last season Abby absolutely robs him. Another nice save was on Heatley on the one timer he had early in the game. Montreal looks like they're trying to put things back together now having won 3 of 4.

Toronto is doing really well right now, winning 4 of their last 5 (and 4 of those games have been road games). I did not get to watch the game because my stupid Rogers cable box died, but I listened on the radio. I hate listening to hockey on the radio.

Toronto is doing really well right now, winning 4 of their last 5 (and 4 of those games have been road games). I did not get to watch the game because my stupid Rogers cable box died, but I listened on the radio. I hate listening to hockey on the radio.

Guest PotatoClassic

But it's Insert Sponsor Here Maple Leafs Hockey On The Mojo Radio Network, With Dennis Bayek, Jim Ralph, And Andy Frost, The Man With The Greatest Voice In All Of Canada!

I just can't stand it, because no matter how descriptive I get, it doesn't match watching it. Plus, it was a Leafs TV game so not watching it on TV made me feel like I was throwing money away.

Antropov scored two goals. What an asshole, he is playing so well, and I know that two weeks from now his ankle is going to break or something and he will miss even more time.

The Leafs just beat the Rangers, and Andrew Raycroft was huge for the Leafs. Before the game, Darren Dreger said Raycroft could not steal a game for the Leafs, but I think that Raycroft stole this one.

Mats Sundin's goal was nice, and is his 20th of the season. He sets a Leafs record with twelve 20 goal seasons as a Maple Leaf.

Did you watch the game, Be?

Raycroft made some huge saves, including one going post to post to take away an empty net from Martin Straka. Raycroft has been on fire in the past 3 games, and even before that looked like he was turning his game around.

Hockey on the radio is the best. For me it's CJAD 800 with Rick Moffat and Murray Wilson. I sometimes turn on the record player/radio in my basement and mute RDS to catch an english commentary to a french video feed.