2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

Guest Grapehead

Yeah, it goes games played, wins, points in games played between the teams, then goal differential(I think) for a tie breaker. It's listed on NHL.com under the standings, for the record.

On another note, early game tomorrow, and Ottawa needs to keep on trucking to put Pittsburgh in their place. I really am buying into THIS team as a believable contender. They have the strength on offense and defense, they get quality goaltending, and they have fought through adversity. It may not be their year for the cup, but this year might just make people remember the name if they can actually get deep in the playoffs consistantly.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montreal and Toronto are (or were) tied in points. Toronto, though, has a game in hand, so is ranked ahead. But if Toronto lost that game, then Montreal would be ranked ahead because they have more wins.

Anyway, the following is a letter to Patrick Lalime.

Dear Patrick Lalime,

Please Fuck Off.

Sincerely,

Everyone.

The Hawks should have had that game. But I guess it's hard to score with 17 skaters with cement hands and one skilled guy who gets double-teamed by the Canucks all the way to the shower.

And yeah, seriously, who is that guy wearing #40 on the Blackhawks and what did he do to Patrick Lalime? Not that it matters. Keep him and trade Khabby.

Maybe Patrick Lalime has finally realized that he still has a shot to be a starting goaltender in the NHL, even if the chances are kind of slim. I would not be surprised if he keeps up his good play to see a team with trouble in goal (and there are tons) to take that risk.

The Hawks should have had that game. But I guess it's hard to score with 17 skaters with cement hands and one skilled guy who gets double-teamed by the Canucks all the way to the shower.

You can't blame the Canucks for double teaming your best players because it didn't happen. The Blackhawks were let off the hook like a U.S. soldier at a friendly fire court martial, you just couldn't close the deal.

Dreger: Forsberg too costly for Canucks

Peter Forsberg

TSN.ca Staff

2/16/2007 6:31:10 PM

Yes, the Nashville Predators paid a premium price for Peter Forsberg.

And the Vancouver Canucks did not have the depth in their system to match it.

The Canucks were in the bidding, but by mid-week it became clear the mortgage wasn't worth the risk.

It's believed the Philadelphia Flyers demanded a package that included either defenceman Luc Bourdon, goaltender Cory Schneider, or forward Alexander Edler, a first-round draft pick, and centre Brendan Morrison for good measure.

It was too rich for Vancouver, but not so expensive for the Predators

This pisses me off for two reasons;

1. I would have done this trade in a second (1prospect+B'Mo+1st for Foppa).

2. Alex Edler is a defensemen so I think Dreger is just talking shit because no one on the east coast knows anything about the Canucks.

So I just found out today that Denis Hamel is a thrasher... apparently he was waived a week ago. Where the hell was I when that happened.

So Gerber pulls out another win for the Senators. If he keeps this up we will be able to trade him :shifty:

Guest Grapehead

So if a guy has the puck, and you hit him, is that interference? I was at the Rocket game tonight, and at a crucial moment in the game, the Huskies got the puck right in the slot, our captain comes over and knocks him off the puck, guy falls down, refs arm goes up. Am I crazy or is that stupid? the Q has TERRIBLE officiating

The works not done for the Leafs, though. They played a good game against the Oilers at home, so hopefully it will start to sway the momentum and awful home record to a better record.

I think the Leafs are going to keep doing well with games against Boston and another one with the Flyers coming up. Thursday's game against the Islanders and next Monday's game vs the Habs are going to be really important games unless the Canadiens continue to plummet and the Isle's hit the skids.

Last night's game made no sense to me. Montreal completly dominated the game for 45 minutes, took nearly 20 first period shots, had 45 in all but still managed to lose 5-3 on a couple of bad bounces. Tonight we're starting the pride of Slovenia in nets.

That deal sounds like a move to cut some salary, as Grebeshkov is playing in Russia this year. The Oilers better get someone good, because they really need a kick in the pants to turn this season around.

The move by Calgary last season to get Kristian Huselius has been paying off huge this year, as he has been an enormous source of secondary scoring for them. It looked like he dominated the Avalanche just like Mats Sundin dominated Steve Staios last night.

Edited by desiredtoe

Lalime gets another start tonight. If he plays like he has, he'll be gone by Monday. My sources (the internet :shifty: ) say the Canadiens are watching him and will probably get him to replace Huet.

If someone had said in october that Montreal would trade Samsanov for Patrick Lalime, I would have assumed they were a crack addicted retard.

Now, not so much.

I've had victory fairly often lately. It's been a while since I tasted mediocrity.

What does that taste like again, Basha?