2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

Until the playoffs :shifty:

And I agree with Rotinaj, to a degree. Still, I'm sure most of the Leafs fans here weren't alive when that happened, which makes it diffarent. I mean I knew the Steelers had won Super Bowl's before I was born, but actually seeing them win... that's different.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of the first period, 3-0 Montreal goals from Higgins(x2) and Ryder with Koivu assisting on at least 2 of them. Washington ran into some heavy penalty trouble in that period. Perezhogen got a double minor and Washington got all of 9 seconds on the Powerplay as they took 3 penalties in that time resulting in 2 Montreal goals. Halak hasn't been bust at all yet. Here's hoping the rest of the game is a success(*clenches fists and shakes*)

Also I have an incredible amount of respect for the Blackhawk fans, they've taken more abuse from their own organization in the last few years and yet some, still turn out for their team. There really should be a lot more respect for that Original 6 team. The only Original 6 team I really dislike is those pesky New York Rangers.

EDIT: Montreal wins 5-3, The top line gets 8 points as well as a shorthanded goal(franchise record 16th). Also move ahead of Toronto and NYI. I don't think Montreal will be able to get much higher than 7th place in the standings.

Edited by Basha

Playing the Wings again tonight. Damn I wish the Hawks would dress an enforcer or two. At this point in the season, I don't even care if they lose, but I'd love to see them whoop some Detroit ass. The Red Wings like playing the Hawks too much.

FUCK THIS. Complete and utter bullshit. Sundin gets tripped breaking out in OT and no call. This had to be the worst reffed game in National Hockey League history.

Wow so the official call is unintentional interference with the goalie. Yeah, it was cause fucking Brendan Witt pushed Poni into the goalie. There was no way DiPietro was stopping that puck.

Kerry Fraser=World's Biggest Cunt

Edited by Clawson

Hawks losing 0-2 against the Sharks, but the real action is in the Sabres - Senators game. Neil with a vicious check on Drury that results in an injury. Sabres get mad, but Neil fights the closest guy off. Next shift, Lindy Ruff puts Mair and Peters on the ice and they go right after any Sens they can get their hands on, including Mair pummeling Spezza. Biron challenges Emery and gets pounded, before Andrew Peters steps in and takes on Emery. Now this is hockey.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Sabres won 6-5 after a shootout.

Edited by lari

FUCK THIS. Complete and utter bullshit. Sundin gets tripped breaking out in OT and no call. This had to be the worst reffed game in National Hockey League history.

Wow so the official call is unintentional interference with the goalie. Yeah, it was cause fucking Brendan Witt pushed Poni into the goalie. There was no way DiPietro was stopping that puck.

Kerry Fraser=World's Biggest Cunt

Montreal somehow, and I mean somehow manages to beat the Nashville Predators. Montreal, a team with no real star power and missing Huet, Rivet, Higgins, Begin and Kovalev managed to come back from several Nashville multiple goal leads culminating in an absolutely fantastic highlight goal by Samsonov to tie the game forcing OT. Montreal then takes it in Shootout as Forsberg slips on the ice while trying to spin around. This... was thievery.

Why is no one talking about the best game of the season between Ottawa and Buffalo last night? That shit was fucking awesome.

I was at work, so I couldn't watch it (or the Canucks game), but just from watching the highlights, that shit was off the hook.

The grin Ray Emery had was just hillarious. I could just imagine him asking Peters "Please sir may I have another?"

Yeah, Emery's reaction to both fights the one with Brion, then followed by Peters was funny. He had this grin on the entire time, probably finding this entire thing funny.

Great old time hockey game, that was defintely missed for a long time. Ah, can't wait to see round 2 in Ottawa on Saturday. I am sure that McGratton will be dressed and in the line up for the Sens, so penalties a plenty will continue.

But what was Bryan Murray thinking seriously when he saw that Ruff put out Peters and Mair, and they had their top line of Spezza, Heatley and Comrie? Obviously, he forgot that this is hockey, and people do often want revenge.

Edited by twoonglue