2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say I'm quite interested as to seeing how this Bertuzzi thing pans out. Honestly, I was hoping that if the Rangers were gonna go hard at the deadline they'd make a play for him. He's obviously a good player, but obviously the injury will slow him down. I guess my point is though that any good player has the potential to rebound from injury and be the player he was (or close to it). I guess we'll see how commited he was to rehabbing his injury and coming back and full force.

EDIT - Ruki, why would we get rid of our best player in Sundin when we are still driving to the playoffs? The players we would get in return would not be players capable of stepping in right away to play, because why would the contender we are sending Sundin to want to give away other valuable players that can help them win the Cup?

I don't think it is a wise move to get rid of Sundin. I have heard that after this season, the team will not pick up his option and the Sundin is leaning towards signing a 2 year deal with a decent cut in pay so the Maple Leafs can get another skilled player.

Tucker is roughly one or two weeks away, while Kyle Wellwood skated today and could be back in 2 to 4 weeks, at the best.

I didn't know how close the Leafs were to the playoff spot, I assumed that they as good as dead. But if they are only 2 points out, I'm all for keeping him there. Even better if he will take a pay cut and a two year deal. Some guy I used to work with told me that both he and Tucker would be done with the Leafs at the end of the season....not sure I should trust him now though. Hopefully they can make another big pick up in the off season, I was shocked when I heard that they picked up Peca, shame he went down though. He should be back mid-March though, right?

Edit: Sorry Be, but I've never been much of a Sundin fan personally, no matter how many points he put up for us. Sorry for brining on your wrath.

Edited by Ruki

Tucker is back for four more years too, so your friends were probably making blind assumptions.

Peca could be back before the end of the regular season, but it is more likely that he would return for the second round of the playoffs if Toronto were lucky enough to get there. I can see the Leafs trying to bring him back for next year if possible, because he was great for the penalty kill, taking it from almost last the previous year to middle of the pack.

I didn't know how close the Leafs were to the playoff spot, I assumed that they as good as dead. But if they are only 2 points out, I'm all for keeping him there. Even better if he will take a pay cut and a two year deal. Some guy I used to work with told me that both he and Tucker would be done with the Leafs at the end of the season....not sure I should trust him now though. Hopefully they can make another big pick up in the off season, I was shocked when I heard that they picked up Peca, shame he went down though. He should be back mid-March though, right?

Edit: Sorry Be, but I've never been much of a Sundin fan personally, no matter how many points he put up for us. Sorry for brining on your wrath.

Sad to see Krazy Karl go to Tampa. Who the hell is this Alaxative guy they got? 6'5" Russian with no hands?

Calder scores on his first shift against the Hawks. Havlat is out with the flu. The team has no offense without him.

Anyway,

Fuck Detroit

Fuck Kyle Calder

I'm going to sleep.