2006/2007 Hockey Season Thread

I disagree with the "well, he wasn't hurt, so don't suspend anyone".

It always strikes me as kind of stupid that murder and attempted murder draw different punishments. I mean, if you shoot someone in the head, he shouldn't be punished for surviving. You commit an offense, you pay the price. The injury itself shouldn't factor in, you should factor in the attempt to injure, and in this case, you can make a case for it. But the play had not moved away from him, the puck had but he never saw Janssen because he was never looking. He was watching his pass the whole way and Janssen was watching him the whole way. From the beginning of time, people have been told to take the man, and that's what Janssen did. Whether it was late or not, Kaberle should know that Janssen would take him out because if he didn't feel the pressure he wouldn't have made that pass (which was a bad pass, cross ice at the blue line, so obviously he either felt the pressure coming, or is just an idiot), so it's his fault for keeping a blind eye to an incoming check. That's that.

Also, if you like hockey, and you like stories about hockey, and you like social games based on stories about hockey that take place on EWB, you should join my social game based on a story about hockey that is now accepting sign ups in the Seventh Side. :D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if you like hockey, and you like stories about hockey, and you like social games based on stories about hockey that take place on EWB, you should join my social game based on a story about hockey that is now accepting sign ups in the Seventh Side. :D

Woot.

Andrew Raycroft gets a shutout and the Leafs put forward a good overall game at home to get two points and step up the Eastern Conference ladder a little. The Leafs were not well-disciplined, but they managed to kill all of Washington's powerplays pretty easily and got some good offence during the second period.

As an aside on the Neil/Janssen thing:

Why is it acceptable and even encouraged for players to take revenge on a player who didnt commit the act that has everyone wanting revenge in the first place?

Edited by Plubby

It's just the theory of sending a message. If someone kills one of your players, you must kill some of theirs. Eye for an eye.

And yeah, I agree, talk more about Vancouver. :D

About damn time! I thought it would never happen, but tonight Khabibulin finally earned his first shutout as a Blackhawk. Hawks beat the Kings 3-0.

Khabby is the highest paid player in the history of the franchise and had a 110-game streak without a shutout going for him, so I can only imagine how good it must be to finally get that giant monkey off his back.

If I was him, I'd ride around on my sports car and bang some hot supermodels tonight.

Wait... that'd be a normal weekday for an NHLer.

Anyway, good for him. And for the Hawks. Nice win. Seabrook played great. Hitting lots and getting two assists to boot - he is going to be the next captain of this team, for sure. The Sharpshooter Patrick Sharp also got two goals tonight. But yeah, it was Khabby's night.

I like the Vancouver Canucks because they had Pavel Bure once.

He's dead to me.

That is the best feeling victory all year. Against your greatest rivals, going into the third period down by two, the Leafs came out and played with heart. In a very physical game, the Leafs tied it up and then won it in overtime. Tucker is clearly going at full speed, and Wellwood returned and created so many chances, he looked good. The win tonight is a win that can inspire a team to just play much much better.

That is the best feeling victory all year. Against your greatest rivals, going into the third period down by two, the Leafs came out and played with heart. In a very physical game, the Leafs tied it up and then won it in overtime. Tucker is clearly going at full speed, and Wellwood returned and created so many chances, he looked good. The win tonight is a win that can inspire a team to just play much much better.

What about the last game? I see no leaf fans made any comments about it.

Edited by desiredtoe